Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newcomer from MS

Thanks

Newcomer from MS

Hi, I知 from Mississippi, working on listening to book 5, Resurrecting Home. I love these books! They are filled with lots of good info. I知 a newbie to the preparedness scene. I have a lot of interests, which is my problem. I want to learn so much, but have so little time. Story of our lives, am I right? 😎 Any suggestions on what to focus on? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,946 Times in 4,011 Posts
    Hi and welcome from Southern New Mexico. Glad you're enjoying the series. We can't possibly help decide what you should focus on...at least not unless you tell us what interests you.
    Hunting? Target shooting? Reloading? Bullet casting? Powder coating? Ham radio? Gardening? Livestock? Drone flying? Archery? What does that word "focus" mean? Squirrel !
    Someday I'm going to pull my life together. But that day is not today. Today I'm driving a stolen police car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
    Hi and welcome from Southern New Mexico. Glad you're enjoying the series. We can't possibly help decide what you should focus on...at least not unless you tell us what interests you.
    Hunting? Target shooting? Reloading? Bullet casting? Powder coating? Ham radio? Gardening? Livestock? Drone flying? Archery? What does that word "focus" mean? Squirrel !
    Welcome from Texas! No, Kickstand isn't calling you a squirrel. It's just his weird sense of humor depicting "focus" (Bofus?).

Thanks
    Thanked 11,394 Times in 4,421 Posts
    Heya, are you good for a month if everything went down in a storm, but you (and anyone with you,) were essentially ok? Remember, canned soup, pork and beans, or ravioli, can be survived cold, they're just slightly more palatable warm. Also think of water. Lots of places have accessable water, but it isn't always clean or healthy.
    quam minimum credula postero

Thanks
    The Chinese stayed after the gold rushes and got rich by moving one rock at a time. Don't look at it as a daunting task. Just take it one rock at a time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyProspectoOregon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Welcome aboard from the Left Coast!

My interests are quite broad as well. I feel the pain of finding what to focus on

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome. As far as interests, they are varied and broad. My wife and I, I think would be ok for about a month. I know food will be an important step. Water, we are in a well. I have been thinking about this for a while now. Been thinking about getting a pitcher pump or, like our Amish friends, get a small two-cycle motor for a pump. Would have to have a place to fill up and just use the pump once a day to fill. Which leads to water tank for storage and gas storage. Soon any things to think about. Whew! One step, err, one stone at a time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Bain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,394 Times in 4,421 Posts
    A cistern or tank that is slightly uphill from the house, would give you at least downhill flow for the toilet tanks, and a little pressure at the taps. Fancy pressured tanks are out there for more money.
    quam minimum credula postero

Thanks
    Uphill from our house is a no-go. We sit on the highest spot on our place. I do remember from Morgan痴 house having solar power for it, but I知 not totally convinced on its efficacy.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,946 Times in 4,011 Posts
    Without trying to get too personal, is your well a deep or shallow well? Solar seems to work ok for a shallow well, but if your well is much deeper than 20 feet, you may have some extra engineering to do.
    Someday I'm going to pull my life together. But that day is not today. Today I'm driving a stolen police car.