Hello from Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Iowa

Well the name is Gage. I'm from Iowa. I am close to graduating from high school in 2 years.

Welcome Gage. Are you reading, or have you read the Going Home series? Are you into the "prepper minset"? What drew you here?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Be the first kid on your block with a BOB and BOL, it's what all the cool kids are doing
      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Welcome from NE Texas!

Comment

Hello. Please think twice before doing anything we might suggest. We're infamously capable of bad ideas and very poor decisions.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I've read Going Home. I am in the "prepper mindset". I saw it on the back of the Going home book and decided to check it out. P.S. My grandpa hates me going to this site because he doesn't believe in prepping.
            Last edited by gdd; 01-31-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gdd View Post
              I've read Going Home. I am in the "prepper mindset". I saw it on the back of the Going home book and decided to check it out. P.S. My grandpa hates me going to this site because he doesn't believe in prepping.
              Ok, have you read any more in the series? There are currently 9 books in the series out. That's rather surprising that your grampa doesn't want you to be prepared, but he probably just doesn't want you to worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              Hello. Please think twice before doing anything we might suggest. We're infamously capable of bad ideas and very poor decisions.
              This!
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

I'm planning to read the rest. No, he just doesn't like me thinking like preppers.

Comment

He would prefer you to wait until bad things happen and then hope someone comes to save you?

One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was when we went rafting on some class V rapids, our guide was going through the steps to rescue someone that was thrown from the raft, what everyone's job was in the process, how to roll them in the boat, etc. He finished with

"If you are the person in trouble your highest probability for survival lies in aggressive self-rescue."

In other words no matter how many people are in the boat with a plan for saving you, your best chance to survive still comes from "aggressive self-rescue"
                  I keep that mindset in my prepping, others MAY come to help but I need to be able and prepared to save myself so that even if they don't I still have the chance to survive.
                  [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

die gedanken sind frei

Learn what you can, attend reenactments or renaissance faires, local settler's/historic days, etc. Take an interest in camping, fishing, guerilla gardening.
                    Last edited by W.Lynn; 01-31-2018, 03:10 PM. Reason: Yes, there IS a war being fought for our minds, but once you know, you have twice as much thinking to do.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                    X