Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
    Lol...no...that's just the user title bestowed on folks with over 1000 (I think) posts. W.Lynn has the same, as well as a few others. I can't even claim to be the inspiration for the "kickstand" in book 2, as AA had already written that part prior to the motorcycle accident that claimed my left lower leg.

Sorry to hear about your leg. My girlfriend has cerebral palsy and walks with crutches. Myself i am only 45 but im in pretty poor shape due to the period of life that i thought i was invincible. LoL
    Im not sure ive came to that part yet in book 2. Im gonna be reading some more here after i cut another news video. My daily routine is a bit behind today.
    -Mike Callahan
    Founder, Host, Producer. The Watchman News
    http://www.thewatchmannews.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boston_Joe View Post
      Welcome from the SC /GA border Watchman. As others have said its good to see an influx of new blood.
      Thanks for the welcome Boston_Joe. Im beyond pleased to learn about this book series. I wish id have known about it sooner.
      -Mike Callahan

Comment

Originally posted by TheWatchmanNews View Post
        Yea my buddy that taught me how to fly ultralights is into RC stuff too. Last i knew he was president of the St Louis Whirlybirds RC club. There was a guy out at the airfield restoring an old Terratorn pretty much from scratch. The first ultralight i flew in and took control of while we were in the air was a custom built CGS Hawk.
        Are you still flying ultralights? I have always had an interest in them, my flight instructor had a number hours in B1RDs and said it was the closest thing to pure flying he has done. I'm an aviation brat myself....dad was a radio operator on B29s during the Korean dustup, became an Air traffic Controller when he got out and flew air ambulance for many years as well as a contract pilot serving the base on Kwajalein.

Comment

Originally posted by medicmike View Post
          Are you still flying ultralights? I have always had an interest in them, my flight instructor had a number hours in B1RDs and said it was the closest thing to pure flying he has done. I'm an aviation brat myself....dad was a radio operator on B29s during the Korean dustup, became an Air traffic Controller when he got out and flew air ambulance for many years as well as a contract pilot serving the base on Kwajalein.
          Hi there Mike. Many thanks to your dads service! There was a B1RD at the airfield i flew out of too. I never flew it but i had to pull it out of the hangar every time i wanted to fly because the plane i had access to sat behind it. It was a relatively easy plane to move though. It had a 503 Rotax on it. I quit flying some time ago. I had a nightmare with family issues which is why i had to sell my American Aerolites Falcon however i was starting to have dizzy spells and blackouts randomly. Even though there is no medical on FAR103 i grounded myself because of it. Its been several years since ive had an episode however i did get hit with a nasty case of COPD and i get winded really easily so im a bit skittish at the thought of flying. Id love to go flying again someday but i dont think i would do it solo. Id prefer to have someone capable to take over just in case. That being said the two place i trained in has suffered some damage and i dont think my buddy is real interested in fixing it. 2 incidents in 2 consecutive years with a Hirth motor has really made its mark on him. Especially considering he had a near carbon copy issue with Hirth once several years before that.
          -Mike Callahan

Comment

Hello, be sure and have a good look around, plenty to read, recipes to share, all kinds of personal experiences described.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              Hello, be sure and have a good look around, plenty to read, recipes to share, all kinds of personal experiences described.
              Hello there. I was actually doing that just now while the State Of The Union is on in the background. Looks like there is a ton of stuff here. Thats awesome!
              -Mike Callahan

Comment

Working...
              X