Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Took me a moment to find the welcome mat but its all good lol. Hello folks my name is Mike aka The Watchman. New to the A American books and im on book 2 of the Survivalist series. Reading the first book was a nail biter all the way through. Im not a huge reader so it takes a pretty incredible book to keep me in it. Before this series the only really notable book series i have read was the trio from William Forstchen. But then i ran across this series.

What i like about this series and why its taken place of my all time favorite is because its written more from the level of the average aware individual. Whereas the aforementioned series i read was from a bit more of a military mindset. Im really liking that book 2 doesnt have enormous sized chapters. With our website(s) and news show i have to read when i find an extra moment. So its much easier to start and stop at chapters.

Ok folks i dont really know what else to say. I spend most of my time to a dedicated news show that at some point nearly everyone hates lol. We speak the truth and we dont pander to any political factions and we keep abreast of the underlying realities that we all face but most are unaware of.

I have spent more than a decade dedicated to learning skills that would be useful after a grid down event which i believe we are on the eve of. I urge everyone to learn about and build a gasifier (or several) because as you all know fuel is not only limited in a grid down situation but also unstable and will only stay good for so long even using additives. A gasifier can be used to feed hydrogen into the intake system and get the iron horses going again powered by wood chunks. Even if you cant or dont intend on building one immediately please download and most importantly print this out. That way in the event of grid down you have the needed information to get one going. We have a copy on our site however there are copies of this many places. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Here is the link to the gasifier instructions on our site. https://thewatchmannews.com/index.ph...-fema-gasifier
    -Mike Callahan
    Founder, Host, Producer. The Watchman News
    http://www.thewatchmannews.com

welcome aboard, it's good to see an influx of new folks
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I learned about this book series from a youtube channel named Alpha Charlie Concepts. He made a video about the series so i imagine you probably have several new folks coming around.
      -Mike Callahan

Comment

Good! AA has been a little more frequent visitor here lately also
        [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Welcome from NE Texas!

Comment

Hello NE Texas from South/Central Illinois. 30 miles east of St Louis to be more exact.
            -Mike Callahan

Comment

I'm in the Texarkana corner of Texas. Been through your area at least once on the way to Oshkosh.

Comment

Oshkosh you say? Are you into aviation? I used to fly FAR103. Never been to Oshkosh or any major air show but i learned to fly out of 61LL in a Ouicksilver 2 place and soloed in a Quicksilver MX. I had a 1984 Aerolite Falcon but unfortunately had to sell it before i got the chance to fly it. Sadly i only had a couple weekends of work on it from a complete restore to be able to fly it but life got in the way. Here is a video me and some friends made that i uploaded onto my old youtube channel. Im the one obviously in the fixed wing. That is the aircraft i soloed in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vALPWTDII
                -Mike Callahan

Comment

Welcome from SE WV. I have also read the William Forstchen series and you are right it is more from a military point of view, but it also gives you other things to think about.

Comment

Welcome to our little corner of the internet from Southern New Mexico. The closest that I've been to your neck of the woods is when the Mrs & I went to watch our daughter graduate from Great Lakes Naval Training Center back around the turn of the century.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Hello to both of you.

Yes hsehntr98 i learned a lot from the One Second After series. Even little bits like when he kept the insulin in the toilet tank so it would stay as cool as possible and i paid a lot of attention to the hydroelectric setup they restored. I sure wish they would have went into detail about setting the old phone systems back up. That would be handy knowledge to have.

Kickstand thank her for her service and i cant but help notice the name under your nickname. Are you by chance a "real life Thad" so to speak? As in the inspiration for the character? Just was reading about him getting the bug out bags ready at Mr Jacksons old place. Book just kicked back into high gear with Mike getting shot.

Thank you both for the welcome!
                      -Mike Callahan

Comment

My first solo was in 1957 in an Aeronca Champ. Since then I've gone through Private, Commercial, CFI, Instrument and Multi. First plane was a '59 150, second was a '47 Luscombe 8E. Then there was a long dry spell, and my last plane was a 1983 Terratorn Tierra II (fat ultralight). They're built now as T-Birds. I sold that one about 12 years ago and have been ground-bound ever since.

Everyone interested in aviation needs to go to Oshkosh at least once. I've been twice, and that's my limit.

Cool video. Makes me wish I still had something to fly other than radio control.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWatchmanNews View Post
                          ....《snip》...
                          Kickstand thank her for her service and i cant but help notice the name under your nickname. Are you by chance a "real life Thad" so to speak? As in the inspiration for the character? Just was reading about him getting the bug out bags ready at Mr Jacksons old place.......
                          Lol...no...that's just the user title bestowed on folks with over 1000 (I think) posts. W.Lynn has the same, as well as a few others. I can't even claim to be the inspiration for the "kickstand" in book 2, as AA had already written that part prior to the motorcycle accident that claimed my left lower leg.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from the SC /GA border Watchman. As others have said its good to see an influx of new blood.

Comment

Originally posted by olfart View Post
                              My first solo was in 1957 in an Aeronca Champ. Since then I've gone through Private, Commercial, CFI, Instrument and Multi. First plane was a '59 150, second was a '47 Luscombe 8E. Then there was a long dry spell, and my last plane was a 1983 Terratorn Tierra II (fat ultralight). They're built now as T-Birds. I sold that one about 12 years ago and have been ground-bound ever since.

Everyone interested in aviation needs to go to Oshkosh at least once. I've been twice, and that's my limit.

Cool video. Makes me wish I still had something to fly other than radio control.
                              Yea my buddy that taught me how to fly ultralights is into RC stuff too. Last i knew he was president of the St Louis Whirlybirds RC club. There was a guy out at the airfield restoring an old Terratorn pretty much from scratch. The first ultralight i flew in and took control of while we were in the air was a custom built CGS Hawk.
                              -Mike Callahan

Comment

Working...
                              X