Will wheat decline this year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will wheat decline this year ?

When the world went through other little ice ages and lets take Europe for example . The weather turned on them and it was wet and cold an the fields went back to being bogs . Here in the USA the Midwest and west went dry , both conditions lead to crop failures . The next 2 years will tell us a lot about how the weather will treat us and where we'll need to be to survive this .

Wheat Outlook: Record High World Production Forecast, U.S. Exports ...
    agfax.com/.../wheat-outlook-record-high-world-production-forecast-u-s-exports-dow...

Dec 15, 2017 - The forecast for larger Canadian and European Union wheat crops helps to lift 2017/18 global wheat production to a new record high this month. Projections for both global wheat output and trade now exceed last year's records. A sharp increase in wheat supplies in Canada is expected to intensify the ...

This report is crap as wheat production in Canada was down 25% last year because of it being to wet in the spring and the USA lost 30% of it's wheat in Kansas to late snow storm , what will it be like this year ??????????????????? I watched , the Five on Fox news tonight and they were defending global warming while making fun of Trump about not believing , so much for there being 5 smart people on the panel . God help the USA
    Last edited by airdrop; 12-29-2017, 07:12 PM.

Every now and then I've hit some little snip of news here or there, watched a weather report, or maybe tech commodities, you never know, but my brain will add numbers, divide by letters, multiply by strawberries, top it with whipped cream, and inform me that something isn't looking good. Grains are often the something. For a track record, you can look at my posts in the currencies and commodities thread.

All the way back to sugar and rupees (and no help from Link either, he's useless.)

And yeah, I still don't think wheat is going to be as happy-making as the predictions hope.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

This report is crap as wheat production in Canada was down 25% last year because of it being to wet in the spring and the USA lost 30% of it's wheat in Kansas to late snow storm , what will it be like this year ???????????????????
      That we agree on. That report is full of mythical unicorns defecating skittles whilst dancing with leprechauns.
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Up here in So WI - we have had two weeks of brutal cold with very little snow cover. That combination really hammers the grass and sure doesn't help the winter wheat at all. Over the last couple of years there has been a decided shift from corn/soybeans to the wheat. So more planted but probably less harvested... In my totally scientific , heavily researched opinion.

Comment

Jstwaiting I can remember that being talked about when I was a kid and my Dad farmed a little , cold real cold wasn't all that good for the wheat . Kind of think if it was planted late and not rooted as good was a worry . Need to call cousin and see what he thinks as he farms some . Keep your fingers crossed that bread and donuts don't get pricy

Comment

Been saying for years to stock some if you could, because things were going to get worse.

Well, they're worse, and for some reason that I haven't completely sussed out yet, my mind added "and we aren't 'all the way there' yet."
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              Been saying for years to stock some if you could, because things were going to get worse.

Well, they're worse, and for some reason that I haven't completely sussed out yet, my mind added "and we aren't 'all the way there' yet."
              If matters take the worst case path, we've only just left the door. Best case, we've only made it to the street corner.
              When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Called cousin and it's not good , the drought has set wheat back but the cold has burned it bad very bad . Don't know how other wheat states are doing but with farmers cutting back land in wheat because of low prices we may see this year turning ugly . Even if prices go up and they put more back to wheat will it make any difference if drought conditions as the solar minimum goes down hill . Food production world wide is getting hammered by weather and our breadbasket will be running on low .

Comment

Working...
                X