Has anyone tried growing Tobacco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried growing Tobacco?

Im in San Diego Ca and have bought everything to start. Im just curious if anyone in a similar climate has been successful.
    Thanks

Do it, and tell us about it!
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

That's the plan I'm excited to start. I just have to wait for the last frost of the season.

Comment

Yep. Here in Central FL. The broad leaf cuban style grows amazingly well-very slowly though. The tomato hornworms love it and the best way to deal with them is to hand pick them and crush them.

Behold my new booklet on Growing Tobacco for preppers! This booklet will teach you how to grow and cure tobacco at home.

Want to know how to grow tobacco? This in-depth article will help you. Tobacco is a great survival crop - start growing your own today!
        Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

That's awesome! Thanks for the links.

Comment

I've grown it twice because a friend gave me some extra plants. You don't need to do anything special with them. I just grew them and then let them die as I don't smoke. I grew them in the ground and in pots. They do like the sun.
            NICHEVO

Comment

As an unaltered herb, tobacco has medicinal uses and is worth keeping handy when caring for (or when you are) the elderly. If you have no current use for it, then at least you have no real loss if learning to dry it doesn't go smoothly. I do wonder, do you want to cut leaves before it makes seed, as you would with lettuce or spinach, or do you mature the entire plant, then separate what you want from what will go to the compost?
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
              X