No announcement yet.

Local News! Post the big doins' here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic stolen from FB. I tried balooning once. Once. It's not my cup o' tea. I'm wired way too tight to just go where the wind takes me.

AbqFiesta.jpg
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Kick, let's be honest here, unless you have some unbelievable insurance, if you got hurt by willingly going up in one and then crashing down, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

You're a mean woman W.Lynn. Funny, but mean. I wouldn't have it any other way .
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
          Pic stolen from FB. I tried balooning once. Once. It's not my cup o' tea. I'm wired way too tight to just go where the wind takes me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8571[/ATTACH]

There are definitely dumber things to do. Too me the balloon ride was anticlimactic as it was after working on broadcast towers and cooning high rise steel. Looking back I have to qualify those things as dumber than the balloon ride.
          When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

You're a mean woman W.Lynn. Funny, but mean. I wouldn't have it any other way .
            Some friendships are strange and unique. No hurry figuring out which one of us is which (but I never leaned into an outboard motor with the cowl off.)

Comment

Well - I halfway expected something like this at the Battle of Cedar Creek Re-enactment. Couldn't find anyone to go with anyway. It's been cancelled. THANKS ANTIFA.

The site for the Cedar Creek Battlefield re-enactment was evacuated Saturday evening after a "suspicious package" was found, according to a spokesperson with the Frederick County Sheriff's Office.

Comment

From the looks of it, we might finally be getting our new telescope on Mauna Kea. I'm kind of conflicted. I'm a Native Hawaiian so it's important to me that they don't allow EVERYTHING to be built up there. On the other hand, I love astronomy, so I'll call it a tie.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astro...ter-telescope/

Comment

Originally posted by Kailani Kealoha View Post
                  From the looks of it, we might finally be getting our new telescope on Mauna Kea. I'm kind of conflicted. I'm a Native Hawaiian so it's important to me that they don't allow EVERYTHING to be built up there. On the other hand, I love astronomy, so I'll call it a tie.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astro...ter-telescope/
                  Location is everything for something like that. There might be a handful of places suitable for it, only one of which is in the U.S.
                  When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

[/I]. I'm wired way too tight to just go where the wind takes me. [/QUOTE]

So what you are tryin to say is you aren't some kinda hippie feel-good leftist?
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Apple Festival, Gold Rush, etc here. The October fest in Helen, then.....
                      There is always some festival or something down here.

Comment

I'm wired way too tight to just go where the wind takes me.
                        I own this game. It mellows me out when I'm stressed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_%28video_game%29

"Flower was primarily intended to arouse positive emotions in the player, rather than to be a challenging and "fun" game..."

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion , but I'm not a gamer. I think that the last video game that I spent any kind of real time on was Duck Hunt on our Atari console, circa ~1972. I have been known to drop a quarter or two into a pinball machine from time to time .
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

I don't mind the thought of going up high enough that I might want a parachute. I don't even mind flying over water (can find the rubber raft in most birds.) But having released enough helium balloons as a kid, and the lack of any kind of control even when you're holding the ribbon, I'm more likely to go hang-gliding or scuba diving.

Comment

This week's headline story in the local newspaper is, "County Clerk Resigns" due to issues with her family, deputy clerk appointed to fill the unexpired term. Unfortunately it's just another case of politics as usual. She was given the opportunity to resign rather than face trial and prison for stealing county funds. She did make restitution of most of the stolen money and promised to pay back the rest as part of her deal with the DA. This is what happens when the child of a long-time officeholder runs to take mommy's former job. Don't embarrass the retired clerk by jailing her worthless daughter.

This may qualify her to run for national office in 2018.

Comment

Big news in my 10 acre "country" of my own design:

celebrating my friend's birthday with a full-on house party, F it girls weekend. We'll probably both be asleep on the couch by 10 pm... LOL... but that means the de-stressing strategy is starting to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X