No announcement yet.

Howdy from Central Alabama....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you can call me Sac - short for Sacajawea.

I've only seen one picture so far - and it's debatable if it was actually of the march setting out from Charlottesville. I saw only a couple hundred in that picture. Little local inside joke... the number of mountains they'll be walking up & down on between there and DC is probably going to take out a lot of those people - so OF COURSE they'll be met by busloads of fresh walkers to cross the river into DC. If they make it that far. But the other thing is, there is a LOT of traffic on that road during the week - it's not an interstate; more divided highway - and they'll be treated to LOTS of p/u's flying the stars and bars for most of their route. Guys headed into work; back from work... women ferrying kids around...

I find it hard to believe that they're going to make 20 miles a day in the mountains. I've done the distance (no mtns) ONCE in a day - and I was 17... and felt like 90 for a week or so after. Made the mistake of trying to keep up with a pack of Nat Guard - and figured out pretty fast it wasn't going to happen. I started losing my whole group - LOL - and I most definitely felt I was pushing myself. So I think they'll get shuttled through some places. Can't believe the SP would let them walk the highway - it's dangerous in the daytime. The people who use that road to commute into DC drive like the devil's on their ass.

Comment

welcome from SE WV. were there are no straight roads and plenty of hills and mountains. lol

Comment

Wuuuuzzzzzzupppppp

Comment

Omg Infidel, I've worked (remotely via radio) with some of that bunch in Tx today! Them folks worked my last nerve lol, radio protocol apparently never even crossed their radar, much less their lips! I'm exhausted !

Comment

What frequencies and bands you operating on?

Comment

You could also visit the chat in the evenings - 8:30 - 9 pm ET. Sometimes our illustrious leader also pays a visit.

Comment

You know you wanted to say ”illustrious potentate."
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

G'day and welcome

Comment

Working...
                  X