Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Central Alabama....

Hey ya'll,
    Little ol' southern born 'n bred gal here (well, big ol' southern gal if we're being truthful n stuff lol). Mighty glad to make you all's acquaintance and looking forward to learning from you.

Welcome from the state of confusion.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Cwi55, I expect your state has seen a massive growth in population here lately! Like the old Irish cur...errrr toast says..."may you live in interesting times"

Comment

Welcome from South Central New Mexico, near the Texas/Mexico border. I like to ask newcomers a few questions, so please don't take them personally. And if you don't feel like answering due to OpSec (or whatever other reason comes to mind), don't sweat it.

Have you been prepping long?
        Do you keep a GHB (we call them Going Home Bags) in your vehicle?
        Have you read the entire Survivalist (Going Home) Series?
        Tell us something interesting about yourself.

Kickstand, aka Kick (I have lot's of names, but those are the nicer ones).
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from the Texarkana corner of Texas!

Comment

Hi Kick,
            I've been prepping a few years now. Moved to our BOL permanently 3 years ago, so was able to kick it up a few notches.
            Yep, BOB goes with me everywhere. Things finally got yucky looking enough that my better half even agreed to let me put him a kit together. Once we make it home, we plan on slamming the door shut behind us and not peeking out for a bit to let the dust settle some.

Love AA's books, have a bit of a crush on Thad cos he has bbq'd his way into my heart lol.

Something interesting...I was a vol firefighter/emr; 911 dispatcher, NBA Anti- Drug Pgm Coordinator, and I own a 70 year old tractor that still fires up first time every time. That's about as interesting as it gets I'm afraid

Comment

Olfart, I'm geographically challenged (to put it mildly!) but seem to remember Texarkana is in the NE part of the state? How are y'all managing weather wise? Shore did hate to hear about the ruckus Harvey is causing everybody.

Comment

Not hard to remember where Texarkana is. It's all in the name. TEXas, ARKansas, LouisiANA. I can stand with one foot in Texas and one foot in Arkansas and pee on Louisiana. Harvey's remains will visit us later in the week, but without all the uproar. We'll probably get 3 - 5" of rain, and we can use it. Already had more than 8" of rain for August.

Comment

You're gonna fit in just fine around here.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Ty Kick, I hope so ...although I do stalk along to my own drum at times...but that's usually on days when my tinfoil hat gets all kinked up and pulls my hair...

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Hey Rebel... Mountaineer, here... northern part of WV. You must be a brave soul - we're all a bunch o' characters around here.

Comment

We could be cousins, often the case when I meet people online who's families are from there. You got any Cash, Freeman, Burns, Fortner, or Lewis (to name a few,) in your lines?
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                            We could be cousins, often the case when I meet people online who's families are from there. You got any Cash, Freeman, Burns, Fortner, or Lewis (to name a few,) in your lines?
                            Not exactly sure about those names, but given the size of my grandparent's families, I'm probably kin to 3/4ths of the south. Heck, if you go back far enough, wer'e all kin! My immediate family are Hood, Crawley, Jackson and Cantrells

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                              Hey Rebel... Mountaineer, here... northern part of WV. You must be a brave soul - we're all a bunch o' characters around here.
                              Always happy to find like minded folks.

Hey Mountaineer,
                              You hearing anything about that Antifa March in your area?

Comment

Working...
                              X