Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caoilte316 View Post
    Hey Kickstand yeah special has that same meaning here lol
    Don't mind kick, he misses the cherry flavored windows. Always preferred the grape ones myself.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Family trips didn't get much farther than that, out to Murray Bridge for some boating on the river. Not much water out by Woomera most of the time.

Got over to NSW on a school trip, it was dull for me, been to forested places before.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Murray Bridge is nice. Whereabouts are you now a days?

Comment

Hear aussieland has went to a lot of wind power , how's that working out ? Glad to see you join our merry band .

Comment

Originally posted by Caoilte316 View Post
            Murray Bridge is nice. Whereabouts are you now a days?
            Back to the States, Wyoming for secondary education, mostly Texas the last few decades.

Much of Texas is similar to the outback, just a little more water. Plenty of cactus, mesquite, beef.

Originally posted by airdrop View Post
            Hear aussieland has went to a lot of wind power , how's that working out ? Glad to see you join our merry band .
            I heard about days recently with no wind at all to spin those turbines. Not anywhere, from Exmouth to Brisbane?

Comment

we have a few down in Canberra, they seem to be working, quite a few in Tassie i hear.

Comment

Yeah the wind turbines seem to be working well as far as I know. There was an issue in SA but that was more due to the fact they closed down the power plants there and had powerlines coming in from Victoria as backup. Unfortunately the posts holding the powerline from Victoria collapsed due to extreme wind and what I assume is cheap steel from china and there was no other backup power source.

Comment

People forget how abrasive sand is, if they don't have to live with it. That might contribute to things sometimes not working.

Comment

G'day Caoilte36,
                    Looking forward to hearing other perspectives from Down Under.

Comment

Welcome
                      Funny-Russia-Meme-20.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X