Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Christmas

Thanks

Wal-Mart Christmas

I always enjoy seeing Wal-Mart's Christmas display being set up. It's a sure sign that summer is almost over!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olfart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,885 Times in 3,616 Posts
    Please tell me that your local Wally isn't setting out the Christmas goodies yet?
    I have an Epi-pen now. A friend gave it to me. He REALLY wanted me to have it. It was his dying wish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I didn't say I've seen them yet, just said I love to see them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to olfart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    It's official! Summer is over! Our Mal-Wart has their Christmas trees on display today! Nearly 6 weeks before Hallowe'en.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olfart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,564 Posts
    Oh my. I guess someone in management is worried maybe those ships from China might be getting scarce - so they've shifted to a "get it while you can" inventory system. For all those who wait till Thanksgiving or so to think about buying new Christmas decorations... you very well could find yourself SOL.

I am usually pretty restrained about Christmas decorating - use a lot of natural greenery; very casual stuff. Because while putting things up is pretty fun... I'm really not so interested in taking it all down. And I'm not really a fan of the Christmas light thing. During the 70s - and stagflation and the oil embargo - people were asked to not go "over the top" with their light displays and that just kinda stuck with me. But Mike was completely the other way! The more lights the better... and the Christmas decorating "competition" was right up his alley. And the tackier the better. I think it was his way of flipping the bird to all the commercialization and corporate "pressure" to out-do Christmas-past.

Another reason I've culled a lot of that stuff, is because it takes up storage space for most of the year. I have a fold-flat ornament tree... 3-4 boxes of ornaments we've collected (or were made for us) over the years... and a bunch of the supplies to make my own decorations. This year, I think the beach window decorations will get disassembled and the elements saved for new projects.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My wife received a Christmas tree last year as a gift at our blacksmith club's Christmas party. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Horseshoe Tree 2016.jpg

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to olfart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,852 Times in 4,159 Posts
    I like the simple side of old-fashioned decor. But I don't have any pine trees. I don't have to go far for mistletoe (the big kind,) and that goes rock hard not long after it's cut. I don't mind the tiny lights, but I despise tinsel strands spread everywhere.

I do need to cut down on what I have, clean out much that someone else may like better, and make it easier to use what I like using.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,852 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olfart View Post
    My wife received a Christmas tree last year as a gift at our blacksmith club's Christmas party. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Horseshoe Tree 2016.jpg
    Put the horse shoes the other way up, and extend this so another just like it it connected so they are a handy distance behind the first, and you got a Christmas Wine Rack tree.
    Last edited by W.Lynn; 09-21-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Also good for rum, some brands of flavored stuff, the tall glass bottles of imported Coca-Cola made with cane sugar, or whatever

15. The Following User Says Thank You to W.Lynn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 498 Posts
    The horseshoes are dumping all their luck!
    People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
    ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Thanks
    That's only if they're hung over the door. These are filled with Christmas ornaments, so the luck is reflected by the colorful shiny balls.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to olfart For This Useful Post: