Wal-Mart Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart Christmas

I always enjoy seeing Wal-Mart's Christmas display being set up. It's a sure sign that summer is almost over!

Please tell me that your local Wally isn't setting out the Christmas goodies yet?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

I didn't say I've seen them yet, just said I love to see them.

Comment

It's official! Summer is over! Our Mal-Wart has their Christmas trees on display today! Nearly 6 weeks before Hallowe'en.

Comment

Oh my. I guess someone in management is worried maybe those ships from China might be getting scarce - so they've shifted to a "get it while you can" inventory system. For all those who wait till Thanksgiving or so to think about buying new Christmas decorations... you very well could find yourself SOL.

I am usually pretty restrained about Christmas decorating - use a lot of natural greenery; very casual stuff. Because while putting things up is pretty fun... I'm really not so interested in taking it all down. And I'm not really a fan of the Christmas light thing. During the 70s - and stagflation and the oil embargo - people were asked to not go "over the top" with their light displays and that just kinda stuck with me. But Mike was completely the other way! The more lights the better... and the Christmas decorating "competition" was right up his alley. And the tackier the better. I think it was his way of flipping the bird to all the commercialization and corporate "pressure" to out-do Christmas-past.

Another reason I've culled a lot of that stuff, is because it takes up storage space for most of the year. I have a fold-flat ornament tree... 3-4 boxes of ornaments we've collected (or were made for us) over the years... and a bunch of the supplies to make my own decorations. This year, I think the beach window decorations will get disassembled and the elements saved for new projects.

Comment

My wife received a Christmas tree last year as a gift at our blacksmith club's Christmas party. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

Horseshoe Tree 2016.jpg

Comment

I like the simple side of old-fashioned decor. But I don't have any pine trees. I don't have to go far for mistletoe (the big kind,) and that goes rock hard not long after it's cut. I don't mind the tiny lights, but I despise tinsel strands spread everywhere.

I do need to cut down on what I have, clean out much that someone else may like better, and make it easier to use what I like using.
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by olfart View Post
                My wife received a Christmas tree last year as a gift at our blacksmith club's Christmas party. Sounds like it might be right up your alley.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8548[/ATTACH]
                Put the horse shoes the other way up, and extend this so another just like it it connected so they are a handy distance behind the first, and you got a Christmas Wine Rack tree.
                Last edited by W.Lynn; 09-21-2017, 12:37 PM. Reason: Also good for rum, some brands of flavored stuff, the tall glass bottles of imported Coca-Cola made with cane sugar, or whatever
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

The horseshoes are dumping all their luck!
                  People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                  ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

That's only if they're hung over the door. These are filled with Christmas ornaments, so the luck is reflected by the colorful shiny balls.

Comment

Ya, it's the "I'm rubber, you're glue" science of horseshoe Christmas ornaments. Sheesh, don't y'all know anything ?
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

So this is what CW does in his spare time LOL , shutter bug .

Comment

Working...
                          X