New olfart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
    Well, I did mine a little lower tech - took the UTV up the deer trails on the next ridge. It's not as flat here. LOL.
    It's a beautiful area. Wish we had more hills. What passes for a mountain here stands 640' above sea level, about 250' above our house.

Comment

Arieal.JPG

The URL (Undisclosed Remote Location)
      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Outlaw, are those rock outcroppings or do you have a whole village in there? The whitish ribbon is confusing my eyes - gravel perhaps?

Comment

Kick, those tall green things are bio-dynamic renewable energy source/food source that suffice as "moat". (I'm constantly surprised at people who are scared to go into the woods until I do it, sans holstered sidekick, and wonder WTH I was thinking??) I think I'm going to put up a "Don't feed the bears" sign on my gate (and maybe a target with a tight grouping or two). That'll keep the treehuggers, the bird watchers and various other snowflakey and amateur bad guy sorts out of here.

And I think I can rig up a motion-activated recording that loops "banjo music" through a speaker, too. LOL.

Comment

Outlaw, are those rock outcroppings or do you have a whole village in there? The whitish ribbon is confusing my eyes - gravel perhaps?
            Those are out buildings, the white ribbon is the road, sand/limestone is the primary soil in the area.

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

Kick, those tall green things are bio-dynamic renewable energy source/food source that suffice as "moat". (I'm constantly surprised at people who are scared to go into the woods until I do it, sans holstered sidekick, and wonder WTH I was thinking??) I think I'm going to put up a "Don't feed the bears" sign on my gate (and maybe a target with a tight grouping or two). That'll keep the treehuggers, the bird watchers and various other snowflakey and amateur bad guy sorts out of here.

And I think I can rig up a motion-activated recording that loops "banjo music" through a speaker, too. LOL.
              When we first came here and I was still working in the big city, my coworkers often asked if I was concerned about my wife being out in the woods all alone. I told them she was safer out there than they were in the big city, but if anything messed with her she'd call the sheriff... to bring a body bag.

We don't have many if any bears (I've seen a track or two, but never occupied by a bear). We do have big cats, coyotes and snakes that could be harmful to people, but she's really good with a pistol and/or shotgun.

Comment

My movers were most impressed that I wasn't afraid to live here alone. Old lady in the woods and all that. And yeah - crap happens. As I started to meet people, they also thought I wasn't going to stick around and when I started getting out again in the spring they were a little surprised to see me.

It's taken me awhile to get used to the night sounds here. I'm pretty good at freaking myself out, but I really don't have any lack of the means to defend myself, if need be -- and not get any on the carpet. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by olfart View Post
                  When we first came here and I was still working in the big city, my coworkers often asked if I was concerned about my wife being out in the woods all alone. I told them she was safer out there than they were in the big city, but if anything messed with her she'd call the sheriff... to bring a body bag.

We don't have many if any bears (I've seen a track or two, but never occupied by a bear). We do have big cats, coyotes and snakes that could be harmful to people, but she's really good with a pistol and/or shotgun.
                  10250439.jpg

2015 hunting season.....We are in bear country here. Truthfully though the hogs worry me more than the bears do, we are also eat up with coyotes but we rarely see them during the day. I've thrown a few shots at some at night, every now and then they get brave and try to figure a way into the coop at night.

Comment

Yeah, we have hogs too, but seldom see them around the house. I think they don't like barking dogs.

Comment

Sac, that motion sensor turning on banjo music is going to also need rigged to turn on floodlights, and trigger some trail cams to record. Just so you can share the joy!
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                      X