Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Book 7: Gina and Jenna

Thanks

Book 7: Gina and Jenna

I am listening to all of the audio book versions which has enabled me to go through 1-7 so far in a month. I noticed that in Book 7, when Morgan, Mel and Leanne make their way to Dylans. The narrator refers to Dylans wife as Gina not Jenna. I could see if this was a one book thing but I have noticed that Duke has frequently mispronounced things like "Fillet" not adding the "ay" but more the "it" sound and spelling out NAPA auto parts spelling it like N A P A.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,462 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Although I don't do Audible, I can see where the confusion comes from. In Resurrecting Home, our author friend introduced the character, and spelled it correctly, Gena.
    I've met Gena. It's pronounced Gee-na, like Jeep.
    I can see someone who doesn't know better reading it and pronouncing it Jenna.
    In later books, A.A. changed the spelling to Gina, either forgetting the correct way or for clarity while reading, I won't hazard to guess which.
    I have an Epi-pen now. A friend gave it to me. He REALLY wanted me to have it. It was his dying wish.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kickstand, you sure are close with A.A. I've noticed the posts between you two. Gena is based off a real character? and "Batman" too?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,141 Times in 4,298 Posts
    Gena is good people, Batman takes care of her (was even kind of worried about her getting so close with all us ax-murderer, internet lurking, strangers.) Haven't met them, certainly willing to.

AA is good people, so is Tex (even if he HAS taken up politics as a hobby.) unseenone is cool, and intelligent. Have met them, and a couple others.

I plead the 5th.

I like Kickstand & Vincent well enough to use my actual return address when I mail them questionable things, though I haven't actually met them in person.

Some here have moved closer to me, I could meet them!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to W.Lynn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gena calls her husband Batman because he protects women, children and animals. Although I've never met him, I was lucky enough to talk to him on the phone one fine evening . Seems like a great guy. As W.Lynn mentioned, he was convinced that we were (are?) a bunch of lying seriel killers .
    A number of us travelled to Wyoming and met at Tex's ranch back in 2014. I sure do miss seeing all of those folks on here, but for various reasons , most have found better things to do with their time than to hang out around here.

p.s. Although I've never met AA in person, I have talked to him on the phone and have even seen his, er... , uhm.... buttocks. ,I'm still looking for that UNSEE button. He used to be a regular around here.
    Last edited by kickstand; 07-02-2017 at 08:31 PM.
    I have an Epi-pen now. A friend gave it to me. He REALLY wanted me to have it. It was his dying wish.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have had the pleasure of meeting both Gina and her husband "Batman", both wonderful people,kinda like kickstand
    Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 515 Posts
    Gena, Kick & Vincent are pretty cool. Met them at Tex's in 2014 also. Yep, we're all real and we're not axe murderers either. Met AA at Tex's a couple of months ago. LOL, he came to town w/ the Hostile Native and I introduced him to everyone in the bar.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by george7100 View Post
    I have had the pleasure of meeting both Gina and her husband "Batman", both wonderful people,kinda like kickstand
    You keep spreading nasty rumors like that and we're gonna have a problem.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    LOL.. I feel like I am in the twilight zone reading everything. Who is Tex? Is that someone on here that one of the characters is modeled after? I havent looked at a lot of the forum threads to see a lot of users

Thanks
    Tex is/was one of the original members of this board when if was founded a few years ago. He has been mostly MIA for almost a year, but has just recently reappeared in a VERY limited fashion. He runs a ranch up in Wyoming, where a number of us board members all travelled to back in 2014 for his annual cattle branding. It was a great time. Do you know the story of how the book series came to be?