Hello from the bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the bottom

Hi all coming from Miami here. Lets do the intro thing.

Guess you can call me a baby prepper. Started getting into it slowly over the last several months. Always been a gun guy. Met A. American a couple months ago at a mutual friends house, cool dude in real life. Bought going home beginning of this month as an impulse buy when i was buying a new pair of merrells. This was actually the first book ive actually read all the way through without a.d.d. issues. Just started book 2, and loving the series thus far. Wife says im retarded cause i laugh while reading the book. What can i say, it's the first book that i could actually relate to. Anyways Glad to be on the forums and any south florida guys feel free to look for me on 2m or 70cm.

K4ZAM

Hi, and welcome to the forum from south central New Mexico. Don't feel bad about laughing, i got into trouble with the Mrs. a couple of times while reading book 1 late at night. It's been a few years ago, but I still remember. .."Tastes like soap" and "It was a SNAKE kind of snake! "

Congrats on the new license. Are ya going to work on your General?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

yeah i just held off cause I had to do a certification for work and studying both at the same time would take away from one of both.

Comment

If you didn't laugh, we'd know you weren't really reading it!
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Kick, he's got a short call sign. Think for a minute, it'll come to ya.

(1x3? Was that a typo, or a special?)

Comment

According to qrz.com, he just got it 2 months ago .
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

vanity

Comment

Infidel
                welcome to the fun house from way down under...

glad to see you like the books, and if your wife thinks ya crazy now, wait till you really get to know the Sarge, he is one cracker.

i wont let too much outta the bag, but the last book, Sarge and his antics had me in stitches whilst i was on the train home.

Comment

Welcome Infidel.

If the wife thinks your crazy now wait until your no longer a "baby prepper" and your stockpiling all sorts of stuff. I still get the look from her when I find a good deal on something and we now have a 2 year plus supply. It's probably a good thing I don't send her to the store room when we're out of something in the upstairs cupboard.

Comment

lol you should of seen her face when we were driving and i stopped by someones house to buy 8 unopened big buckets of mountain house that i talked him into selling me for $100. Also when she saw I added chest decompression needles and multiple tourniquets to my IFAK she was like wtf are you planning LOL.

Comment

We don't "plan" crap, we just wish to be ready to get ourselves, and anyone near us, through the kind of crap that gets dished out, somewhere in the world, every damn day.

I have things that are 'above my (expired) rating' medical wise myself. And I know doctors, nurses, and others that don't keep a decent kit, wtf are they thinking?

Comment

Welcome from the state of confusion.

Don't have much of a problem with my wife and prepping. Her family has a history of it as well. Only real issue to her is, if it ain't a sig, it's not a gun. I tell her she's a gun snob, to which I get 'the look'.
                        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

wives never quite get it, but in the end, they figure, what ever makes the man happy and it gets them out of their hair for a while, then it cant be a bad thing...my stock pile has me sittin pretty for about 2 yrs worth, plus all the garden supplies i can store, i am also startin to read more on permaculture and sustainable gardening methods for the smaller blocks..

i only have a small block we live on down here, but i do have vast acres of unused land that will fall into guerilla tactics.. throw seed bombs and let it grow wild. most people would not know what the hell is growing there anyways..

Comment

Dude, lots of wives here. Trust me, I are one.
                            Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM. Reason: Be sure to seed-bomb some carrots. They will reseed, though second-year ones are so tough you'd be WAY desperate to eat them

Comment

Yep; some of us wives had to drag the hubs kicking and screaming into prepping - so it works both ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X