No announcement yet.

China has bombers on high alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know redman. All I've seen to date - is that it appears everything is ready for another nuke test and their army's anniversary is the 25th and the last handful of tests have all occurred on their mornings; which given the time difference will occur this evening, east coast time. Whether this is interpreted as enough provocation to warrant a response from anyone keeping watch over them - who knows?

Trump is having lunch with representatives from the UN Sec Council today; meeting with Senators/House the next couple days to have top military brief them. It looks as though something is being organized; but as to what, when, by whom... that's still anybody's guess.

Comment

Ah well... After the UNSC meeting today talking about more sanctions lil Kim has decided to test another missile. Reports are kinda vague about how successful it was/wasn't - if some of the reports are accurate, it qualifies as a successful test - even if it didn't carry a warhead and blow anything up.

What happens next? Stay tuned, boys & girls...

Comment

Distinct possibility this last test was successful but shot down before leaving DPRK territory.
        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

any input on what might happen?
          Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Why not drop one moab right in the middle of one of these parades/troop reviews he is so fond of? Seriously?

At this point, who is going to complain? Even China is fed up.

Comment

I've no way to prove it, but I've been told by some individuals I trust, the idea is to make the DPRK missile program look feckless on the world stage. The remaining options of a nuke test and or ground action is what the Chinese want. Either gives them an excuse to take out LPB in the interest of world peace of course. If he backs down and tows the Chinese line, then they still get what they want.
              When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

That makes sense, CW. Despite a lot of nervous people seeing the US as being in mortal danger (and there is some risk involved) - the main player here is China, because they assumed the role of "guardian" of that country in an attempt to maintain a buffer on their border. But China is getting played too - with all this talk of more sanctions. If they try to starve out the economy in NK - they risk sending the "unstable one" right over the edge into retaliating against them too.

It's an intricate dance going on right now. The US wants to give the appearance of being ready to glass NK; but they are hanging back letting China do the heavy lifting of trying to convince Kim to give up his nukes & behave - and possibly rectify the situation themselves. They are after all, a world military power. And LPB is their "mad dog" anyway. It would not look good at all for their claimed capabilities, if they let someone else handle it - and they surely wouldn't get much of what they wanted either, if someone else feels forced to do deal with him. It's kind of a test of China's readiness to really "play" on the same level as Russia and the US.

Comment

The insanity continues.

The war drums are beating and the mainstream media continues to toss gas on the fire.

Comment

Beware the phrases: "officials say...", "Our sources say...", "Experts believe/say...", and the old stand-by "according to anonymous sources..."

Any claim attempting to be validated by someone who won't attach their name to it, is suspect these days. And the jounalists - everywhere - are abusing what used to be a way getting important information out to the people, when it was being hidden.

Comment

This is going to play hell with crops already planted.

Comment

In other weather news, Mississippi/Louisiana getting hammered with storms/Tornadoes/heavy thunderstorms.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwi555 View Post
                          In other weather news, Mississippi/Louisiana getting hammered with storms/Tornadoes/heavy thunderstorms.
                          Yep, and they're heading my way. Supposed to move in tonight.

Comment

Harvest starts in my part of Oklahoma around the first 2 weeks of June but it's snowing wet in the panhandle and if it's doing that in western Kansas it'll laydown some of it , hopefully it hasn't set the stems to hard yet an be able to spring back some . The only thing that is saving this picture is that a lot of elevators are still near full from last years crop . I think overseas sales were low and high production last year may save us from less bread on the shelves this coming year but next year will be iffy . What I hear from family is the price is so low for wheat now that it will not pay to harvest it , cost of custom cutters , and a lot are running cattle to eat the field down . then they'll plant in soil building crops to feed and bail . I'm not excited to see this as we go cooler , the future is a bit gray .
                            Last edited by airdrop; 04-30-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

and here in FL we are praying for rain cause we are drying up and blowing away. We have wildfires all around us and major burn bans and temps in the mid 90's.
                              Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

In NM, we call that Tuesday.
                                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                                X