Hello from SC, thanks for the add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from SC, thanks for the add

First off married 25+ years and over 50, carry a basic BOB in my truck but I know its not good enough but it is a work in progress.

Living in SC and before that living in MD we have always had a stock of supplies for emergencies. Power outages due to ice/snow or hurricanes. We have a lot of the basics but still have a long way to go. Grew up hunting and fishing with family but haven't done any of it in a lot of years. I have been looking at taking survival/woodcraft courses to fill in the gaps I have and refresh the one's I do have. So even though I've been what some call me a prepper, I still have a long way to go. Thanks.

Welcome from another newbie.

Comment

Welcome from SE WV. At least you have started being prepared by thinking of the weather conditions that happened in your previous area and that is more than some people do. Everybody's prepping is always a work in progress because as we use our supplies we need to replenish them and we think of things that we want to add as our needs change, so your right there with the rest of us. Come and visit with us in the chat room and meet some great people and have a good time and learn something new.

Comment

Welcome from south central New Mexico. As hsehntr89 said, our preps are in a constant state of flux. The list of "wants/needs" is always a lot longer than the list of "I'm good on that".
        You sound a lot like me. Over 50, married almost 25 years. I grew up deer, dove & quail hunting, but quit hunting over a decade ago. I've always enjoyed fishing , but haven't done that in almost as long.
        Have you read all of the Home series books? Any of the off shoots?
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Greetings from Abbeville Co, SC. Welcome aboard. I don't think anyone here thinks that their preps are "where they should be". It is an ongoing process and there is always room for improvement.

Comment

Greetings from Florence!
            According to my watch the time is now
            Past is dead and gone
            Don't try to shake it just nod your head
            Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Aloha from Massachusetts. Hope you pick up some good ideas on here.

Comment

Thanks. I've read the first book of the series and am chomping at the bit to read more. I've read other books of the genre like "Lights Out" and "One Second After", guess I am interested in the EMP side of things. Just looking around and finding lots to read.

Comment

There's certainly no shortage of EOTW books out there. I too have read both titles mentioned , along with a few others. After you get done with book 7 in the Going Home series (hopefully Book 8 will be ready by then), here's a few other suggestions .

Defund the Media !!

Comment

one of my other favorites was Deep Winter.

Comment

As hobbies go, this might end up being more expensive than drinking, but it's far more useful.
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I read Pillar to the Sky by William Forstchen last year. It's not a EOTWAWKI book but it was still excellent. Jerry D. Young has many great books too. There's always something to learn from them.

https://www.amazon.com/Pillar-Sky-Wi.../dp/0765334380

Comment

Welcome from the Oconee county S.C. mountains!

Comment

Working...
                          X