No announcement yet.

New Years Eve Chat Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to reread that four or five times and then it clicked. ROTFLMAO!

Comment

A bunch of us have the Eastern time zone covered in chat. But ya know we miss a lot of the other west coasters & mountain TZ people coz we're old & tired and tend to go to bed/get up early... but every now & then, someone can't sleep or woke up and can't go back to the land of nod... and it would be good to have a 2nd shift in the chat room.

Celt somehow has figured out our habits - from SoCal - but y'all really ought to try this way of getting to know each other and share info/intel/recipes... or just tease each other & laugh like crazy. If someone signed up for this forum, they can't be all bad, right?? You already know you have some things in common too.

Even us curmudgeonly old hermits need someone to talk to; consider it a "public service".

Comment

Sure wish I could have joined you. I don't have internet at the house & may not get any. I log in from work when I'm not too busy. Miss you all in chat.

Comment

Betty - I ended up with wireless internet from Att. Look for their "homebase" router; really easy plug & play to set up a wifi network from a cell signal. Now, if I could just stop being a data glutton - LOL.

Comment

I don't think AT&T works here. I have a very limited cell phone plan, so no data. Cost is the problem anyway. May have to shut off my TV service too.

Comment

Betty, I haven't had cable for over 10 years...I only do Over The Air. I put an amplified outdoor antenna on a 15 foot pole, and get quite a few channels . Granted, 2/3 of them are in spanish , but i attribute that to my locale . Its worth trying . I think the antenna runs about $35 on ebay/amazon.
              Last edited by kickstand; 01-06-2017, 10:17 PM.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

I've done the outdoor antenna thing, too, although I put up a short tower to get the antenna up about 35 feet. I think we get about five main channels (Not counting all of their .dot sub-channels), plus or minus one or two more, depending upon the conditions. We're in an area with only UHF television channels, so I opted for 8-element bed-spring antenna (Channel Master CM4228HD). Seems to work rather well. I'm an old "tower-monkey", so it wasn't too big of a challenge for me to put it up, but I will confess that I don't scamper up and down the towers the way I used to. :-/

Now, if there was only anything on worth watching (although some of the stuff on PBS is mildly entertaining).

Dave

Comment

Kick? You have been to where I live right? Pretty sure there are no channels around here.

Comment

Hey... we thought about doing a "chat party" once a month - this month could be the "Adios Obama" party. Tequila optional, as I know don't partake. Just to kinda keep things a little more interesting, until spring planting pushes all to the wall again.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Maybe in February we could do a seed swap party?

Comment

If you are within about 50 to 70 miles of a transmitter, you *should* be able to pull in the signal.
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                        Hey... we thought about doing a "chat party" once a month - this month could be the "Adios Obama" party. Tequila optional, as I know don't partake. Just to kinda keep things a little more interesting, until spring planting pushes all to the wall again.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Maybe in February we could do a seed swap party?
                        I'll probably be tied up with my head buried in the sand, but I should be able to make the one around March 1st.

Comment

Working...
                        X