No announcement yet.

Practical & Tactical Christmas Presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for trying. I was just really curious how it looked.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
      Ya gp, go spend more on the gizmos than you did on the NVM so we don't have to .
      Lol yeah , I can see me practicing my firstaid skills after mrs. Gp gets ahold of me! Unless y'all want to start a donation fund for the gizmos

Comment

I'll still keep trying to figure out a way redman2006.

Comment

wife bought me my esee 6, I built her an AR pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Infidel View Post
            wife bought me my esee 6, I built her an AR pistol.
            I'm just going say it...she got the better end of that deal. What length barrel did you use?
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

10.5", she never fired it though. Im thinking of trying to trade it for a glock 17 with a few mags. She wont use it and I got several of my own.

Comment

To each their own. Out to about 20-25 yards, I think that I can throw a Glock more accurately than I can shoot it. But if you like em, I'm not going to bash em (yet).
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

I am with you on that one kick. I would like to trade mine for a 1911 or a shield.

Comment

My reason is more for compatibility. my friends all use glock 17s so it makes it easier to share mags. I honestly would just stick with my shield any other reason.

Comment

Well, quite futzing around and get your friends to get Shields. Problem solved.
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by Infidel View Post
                        10.5", she never fired it though. Im thinking of trying to trade it for a glock 17 with a few mags. She wont use it and I got several of my own.
                        There's deeper issues here than simply "she won't shoot it." If you built it, you probably made sure it felt right in your hands. Are her hands the same size? Major creases all at the same angles? Similar strength in the hands and the arms? Has she ever fired any pistol that was sized for a rifle round?

She may need to go to a ladies' event at a gun store or range. With or without one or two of her women friends, wrap her hands around every pistol available to find what suits her hand and arm like she can't imagine life without it there.

That's how I got it through my sister's head, and now she's got something she likes, fits her grip, and is a good piece of equipment. She's heading into her mid-50s, works late hours, and is single. If she needs to use it, I'm happy that she WILL, and she'll use it WELL because she's willing to practice with it.

This is also good for dad (closing in on 80,) because he'll go to the range with her and exercise his revolver
                        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                          There's deeper issues here than simply "she won't shoot it." If you built it, you probably made sure it felt right in your hands. Are her hands the same size? Major creases all at the same angles? Similar strength in the hands and the arms? Has she ever fired any pistol that was sized for a rifle round?

She may need to go to a ladies' event at a gun store or range. With or without one or two of her women friends, wrap her hands around every pistol available to find what suits her hand and arm like she can't imagine life without it there.

That's how I got it through my sister's head, and now she's got something she likes, fits her grip, and is a good piece of equipment. She's heading into her mid-50s, works late hours, and is single. If she needs to use it, I'm happy that she WILL, and she'll use it WELL because she's willing to practice with it.

This is also good for dad (closing in on 80,) because he'll go to the range with her and exercise his revolver
                          Actually it was built for her. I hate the grip on it she chose it LOL. Damn grip is too small for me. its like holding a friggin cheap steak knife. First time she ever fired any gun was my shield 9mm. that was it. she hated the kick and I tried telling her ars dont have a kick but she still wouldnt fire it. She keeps talking about going boar hunting with me but Im like well if you dont learn to fire the AR how you gonna hunt? sure wont be using my .308 LOL

Comment

Ok, if she's new to boomsticks, I wouldn't suggest an AR pistol. AR carbine, 16" or 18", yes, but not a pistol. They are a bit of a special cat that, in my opinion, shouldn't be a person's first AR, especially if they are new to handling firearms.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Actually, something with more metal to it might good. One of my favorite shooting pieces is my 1911 in .45 acp. It's a little heavy, but not so I won't use it! The weight of it eats up the kick. My daughter in law likes her .357 mag revolver, but needs to feed it more often.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

My wife had a Jimenez 380 when we met. She hated and distrusted it...for good reason.

After shooting several, she settled on a ruger sr22. Yes, the 22 is a crap self defense round, but it was something she enjoyed shooting, would carry, and could wear a laser. It is better to have a minor caliber pistol than a rock.

Now she enjoys 9 mm from full sized guns and 38 out of my 357. Progressing at her pace was the key. As to the ar, she like it and also shoots a 12 g pump when needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X