Practical & Tactical Christmas Presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practical & Tactical Christmas Presents

In the spirit of prepping, we have celebrated Practical and Tactical Christmas, birthday, anniversaries, etc. for years.
    What practical and tactical gifts are you giving or hoping to receive?

Interesting idea. For my birthday last year, I got a open fire Iron cooking tripod, to go with the Dutch oven I got earlier in the year. Not sure what I'm going to get for my birthday this year (It was yesterday, but I've been so busy that we haven't had a chance to celebrate.).

For Kathy's birthday earlier in the year, I got her a Tritium powered key-chain. Hey, it makes a good marker light when you're out in the field. (Sheeze, they've doubled in price!).

Dave
    Last edited by KyDave59; 12-09-2016, 09:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Those are both great gifts! I will have to check out the tritium powered key chain!
      Still looking for some goodies for hubby

Comment

I actually want to order a few more uzi brand tac pens from jag. He prices competitively, stays on top of my orders, and the previous tac pen was very well received. They didn't take to their forever-matches quite as well, too ham fisted with the striker (but they'll never admit that!) There was an accessory someone linked somewhere, for winding paracord onto - with a guarded blade, clip to snap a mini bic lighter into, and a few places to tie ends through if you wanted (say you just wanted the casing but didn't want to lose the core strands.) I might look for the link and get a few of those if they're still around, the two I bought have been handy often enough.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Love those ideas W.Lynn! If you find some links, I would love to see those.

Comment

A quality gas mask. Even if you don't plan on upsetting the local or not-so-local LEOs, I'd be willing to bet that you likely have flammable fuels somewhere near you. The ability to see and breathe in a bad situation can be the difference between life anf death, or even just breathing relatively easy vs hacking up a lung when that ditch has to be burned out.
            I don't have this style or brand, butI felt a link of some sort was needed .

Defund the Media !!

Comment

I was gonna get my step mom into HAM radio since her and my dad are preppers too, and her biggest fear is not being able to talk to family in other states, but the wife squashed that idea with more "cute" things like a Bucs hat for her...oh well.
              I did get my mother a cast iron skillet though.
              And I'm giving my 15-22 to my brother in-law since he doesn't have a rifle and I haven't used my 15-22 since I got my AR.
              lofflorida.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jen E ThriveWNC View Post
                Love those ideas W.Lynn! If you find some links, I would love to see those.
                Jag (here on this forum) has OR can order two of them - the "forever match" looks like a tiny flask. The paracord tool was something produced by a veteran-owned business, I'll find it ...
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Home to the highest quality and widest variety of paracord, accessories, and tools. From Paramax and micro cord to Reflective and Bungee cord we have it all

Last edited by kickstand; 12-10-2016, 07:26 PM.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Been hinting to my wife. I want one of the Firefield Spirit night vision monoculars . They've got them on ebay right now for $89.00!

Comment

UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS POST.
                      just found a seller on eBay that has them new for $67.49 with free shipping!

Comment

Looking for a good quality decent priced tritium keychain for hubby and daughter. What are these things usually going for? $20-$25 might be a fair price?

Comment

I went onto the uvpaqlite site this morning and found a few goodies. I LOVE these products!
                          I also got free shipping AND it will be here in time for stocking stuffers
                          https://www.uvpaqlite.com/holiday-specials2.html#!/~/

Comment

Might I also suggest www.bottlebreacher.com it's run by a former SEAL, love the stuff he has on there. .50 cal bottle opener that you can customized, bullets that you can use to chill ones spirits.

Comment

YES!!! Got the NVM!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X