No announcement yet.

Hvac. If it is not one thing, it is another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those that want a cheaper insert http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Spitfi...rs:4_Tube_Unit

Comment

I got the one into the room with a blower. I think it was model 3100.

The blower is the only way this would heat the whole house. On cool days, say mid 40's to low 50's, this would heat the main living area (kitchen, dinette, and living room) without a blower. With, it would run you out. Then in colder weather, we would run the blower.

Keep in mind, our hvac was shot. We had no way to really circulate this through the house without the furnace fan. By keeping our ceiling fans on low and reverse with a single box fan in the back of the house, we kept the whole place comfortable. The living area was a little hot and the bedrooms were a little cool.

Had we been able to fully circulate the air with the furnace fan, the whole house, basement included, would easily have been a comfortable temperature.

We dropped to 14 f here a coue of nights. It was low 60s in the bedrooms and 78 in the main room when I woke to stoke the fire.

I could get by leaving it all night in moderate temps, but stoked it at about 4 am going to bed at 9 on nights in low 20s or less.

Also, our home is an older block home, with terrible insulation and windows, and roughly 1500 Sq feet on the main level.

If you do this, you absolutely want the 6 inch chimney liner. It makes the draft and stove efficiency much better than the "direct connect".

Comment

Working...
      X