No announcement yet.

Calling all Florida Residents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very familiar with Pasco county-lots of family from there. Hudson used to be far less populated but I can't speak to what it is, now. I do like Pasco, though-but it is kinda...rough and messy around the edges so to speak, anymore. Used to be a lot cleaner and nicer out there.
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmom View Post
      Very familiar with Pasco county-lots of family from there. Hudson used to be far less populated but I can't speak to what it is, now. I do like Pasco, though-but it is kinda...rough and messy around the edges so to speak, anymore. Used to be a lot cleaner and nicer out there.
      Good to hear. Yeah, I'm kind of getting the feel that Hudson won't be sub rural forever, what with the new man-made beach, and people like me fleeing Pinellas County Sucks, but it is what it is. Looking into the ordinances involving chickens for Pasco County, I saw there was talks last year about changing it to allow up to four birds a yard, but can't find what was actually decided. In negotiations with the seller now.
      Also curious about setting up a personal range in the woods near the neighborhood, but I'd have to look into who owns the land and what the feel of the area is like.
      lofflorida.com

Comment

You could consider the wooded area out near the Clay Sink area off 471 and hwy 50. (not sure if it is Pasco or Hernando or Sumter, technically)...might consider Sumter as well on the south side near Richloam or further out near the Lake county side but I would avoid the Wildwood area as they are about to put in another villages nightmare near that new pipeline....

Comment

Originally posted by southernmom View Post
          You could consider the wooded area out near the Clay Sink area off 471 and hwy 50. (not sure if it is Pasco or Hernando or Sumter, technically)...might consider Sumter as well on the south side near Richloam or further out near the Lake county side but I would avoid the Wildwood area as they are about to put in another villages nightmare near that new pipeline....
          That is very tempting. Maybe if the offer doesn't go through on this house I'll suggest to the wife that we look in that direction. It's still an hour from work for me, so it's no worse than Hudson.
          lofflorida.com

Comment

New to the forum, in south east FL, Vero Beach to be exact. Ive driven that terrible strech on i-10 around tally.. absolutely nothing. Love reading about places that i actually know about!

Comment

Since we have so many Florida folks now I was thinking of having a get together. It would be on a Saturday probably at an outdoor range so we could have some fun. We'd have the run of the place, all to ourselves. There's a 1000 meter range and a couple others. Not much in the way of amenities, but it's a range so what does it really need? If you're interested please post up. I'll be putting a post on Facebook about it as well.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

AA, if you ever decide to come down under, you let us know.

Comment

Very interested in a meetup, AA!

Comment

Several hundred miles from florida in the nw mountains of south carolina ,near the georgia state line.

Comment

Say when ! I'm in !
                      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

All the way down in Miami here.

Comment

Infidel, I'm sure you'll be forgiven.

Hell, we talk to Kickstand, and he's in New Mexico!
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

What W.Lynn should have said is that the high and mighty kickstand allows his underlings to address him. Carry on.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                            X