Thread: Prepper Camp 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 381 Posts

Prepper Camp 2016

Prepper camp is just a few days away. It was a fantastic show last year and this year should be just as good. Let me know if your coming and if you are, stop by the booth and say hey.

http://www.preppercamp.com
    http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jag06 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    would love one of these down under..... a great way to network and build upon expertise...alltho, down here, preppers and survivalists are thought of as being a little out there, tin foil hatters and doomsdayers.

Oh well, there loss when it all goes belly up...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,662 Times in 3,940 Posts
    Hobes, we're thought of the same way, until a hurricane / record snowfall / insert any natural disaster .
    Someday I'm going to pull my life together. But that day is not today. Today I'm driving a stolen police car.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kickstand For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Kick, its funny... even my darling wife of 24 years thinks I am a little strange for stocking up on food and stuff, except for when she runs out in the kitchen pantry, then it's HUN have you got any xyz? yes Hun in the shop....

I do have a family that loves camping and going bush tho, my kids love it, we fish we hike, we eat weeds and look for other edibles. so all in all I do have a family unit understands, even if I still look like the nutter....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,966 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Hobes,

From what I've been able to find, and from direct observation, it doesn't matter what country you're in, those who prepare are usually viewed as a 'nutter' as you put it these days. Not until the feces impacts the mass air impeller do the majority revisit that lack of foresight. Even then, after a short period of time, they will forget the wolf just had lamb for lunch, and go back to grazing.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cwi555 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I've noticed a significant difference between the younger generation and older generations, specifically, those who lived through the Great Depression (which, by all accounts, wasn't all that great). My grandparents wouldn't throw anything away, and, when they found something that was useful, would buy in bulk and store it. The younger generation, it seems, doesn't seem to see the wisdom in buying two rolls of toilet paper at once.

So, you might see if there's a generational difference regarding preppers.

While growing up, I spent a lot of time with my material grandparents. Pawpaw was born in 1886, and Granny was born in 1896. As such, they struggled through the Great Depression while raising a family, and while living on a small farm. They certainly didn't want to have to go through those kinds of shortages again. And, I think some of their attitudes and philosophies rubbed off on me.

Dave

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KyDave59 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Do we have any events like this in FL?

For the record, We buy our TP 12 rolls at a time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 545 Posts
    12. Pfft.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,966 Times in 1,501 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valliam13 View Post
    Do we have any events like this in FL?

For the record, We buy our TP 12 rolls at a time.
    When your down to the last three cases, it's time to restock, just sayin...
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cwi555 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,264 Posts
    When they settled my part of Oklahoma one of the first things they did was plant fruit trees , it's amazing they keep them alive . A lot of the farms had orchards , an they all canned . Root cellars were a must an the homesteads had them . My mom as we grew up canned everything that was in season and those depression era ways carried over . The younger have lost a lot of that and if SHTF will pay a hard price .

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to airdrop For This Useful Post: