Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart geiger for smart phones

Guys

I am wondering who if any, has a smart Geiger attached to their apple/android smart phone.. does it really work? or do you guys spend the coin and get the real deal on Geiger counters..it would be a bit of an eye opener if I walked into the local fish shop with a full on counter, whereas a small smart one wouldn't raise as many issues....

H

Not a chance I would trust something like that.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I trained on real ones, just haven't built one yet. There are instructions online for everything from very crude & quickly made, to quite good ones.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I have built one from a kit I sourced from the US a few years back, runs of a 9V battery, had it tested, it works a treat, built round one of those Mueller tubes, it does not have a read out of sorts, but it does click and realy goes off when in close proximity to the nasty stuff. Tested at work along side commercially bought counters, which have to be tested every year..

Comment

Working...
        X