No announcement yet.

Livestock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We mulched between all the rows in the garden. Find a local tree cutter and they will gladly dump mulch on your property for free. I have 15 loads composting now. I had to tell the guy to hold off until I got more property. We just closed on 24.5 acres for a total of 27.5. I used to raise rabbits but had to get out of them due to an injury. I will be raising them again soon. I had 1 buck and 4 does. I slaughtered about 15 rabbits each month. Some I smoked and canned, others just went into the freezer. Rabbits eat almost anything green. They loved dandilion leaves, lettuce and cabbage from the garden. I can also see some goats in the next year or 2. Chickens are easy if you keep the predators out. And.......chickens will eat chicken. I have thrown chicken bones left over from our meals and they just tear into them.

Comment

Redman, do you keep 125-150 rabbits or chickens in that coop/pen?

Comment

Lol. no. $125 to $150 in materials.

Comment

ok. I thought that was a lot of rabbits or chickens. lol

Comment

We will build a nicer coop for the layers later. WE plan to raise about 25 broilers at a time. TO do so, we will have to section the hoop coop. They can't have that much room, or you run into broken bones and heart issues

Comment

We have an old trampoline. THE cover is still ok, but weak for jumping. I am going to repurpose this for a chicken or rabbit tractor when time allows. That or a hog pen. I think I may try a hog tractor in the fall of next year. We have acorns out the wazzoo. IF I move it daily, I think I could feed them out on nothing but acorns.

Comment

Working...
              X