Hi from Apopka!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Apopka!

Greetings from Apopka! I am GSM, moved to Orlando in 1972 from Iowa. Loved the Going Home Series! Read 1-6 enjoyed that it's set in Florida and even know some of the folks in the later ones. I have a problem though; loaned 1-6 to a buddy? I thought was a stand up guy and he moved out of town, I would like to but the complete series, new or used, any help would be appreciated. I like to hunt and fish, work at a Gun Shop in Orlando, have a wonderful family, we get together often for cookouts and sporting events.

Hi GSM, welcome from south central New Mexico . I've had the same problem with getting my loaners back. I have 2 extra copies of #1 strictly for loaners. If they enjoy #1 enough , I figure that they can buy #2 on up. I just got one copy back after a year of being out, and have recently been promised that I will be getting the second copy back soon. We will see .

I've often thought about applying to work at a gun store, but am hesitant to go turn my hobby/passion into a job.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Greeting from SC GSM. Glad to have you aboard. I feel your pain with regard to loaning books. My library would be a good deal larger than it is now if I got them all back. In recent months I've only been buying digital fiction books which makes sharing difficult. I've stayed with paper for any reference materials and those do not get loaned out.

I'm of a similar mind to kickstand. I like guns and would love to work in that field but I'm comfortable where I am for the moment. On to of that my wife would not appreciate me having to sign my paycheck back over to my employer each week if I were to work in a gun shop, because I am sure I would be bringing home lots of stuff I just "had to have".

Comment

Welcome from the gulf coast of FL.
        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Welcome from Okiehoma. Enjoy the site. Best one by far and keep reading AA's books. They are all good. Gun shop huh, huum.
          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

hey from sumter!
            Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Hey GSM! Glad to have you here. What shop do you work at? I'm not far from Apopka and actually spent a great deal of my youth growing up over there. It's changed a lot since then though.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I work at Always Armed on Edgewater Drive, just South of Fairbanks, please stop by some time. We build AR's and specialize in finding unique and classic firearms. Tell Mario hi from AJ who used to work for the "Spider"
                By the by, found a set of books on eBay, the band is now back together!

Comment

Classic. ....hmmmmmmmm mm

I have this terrible desire to aquire some historically significant rifles.

A Springfield 1861 or1863, a trapdoor, an o3a3 and a sharps 50 caliber src.

Shooters, but true antiques and compete belonging to the era. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello & welcome. Do you reload?
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                    X