Hello from Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Louisiana

Thank you for having me!! What a great series Going Home is. It has been an eye opener for me. I'm a married father of 4 and have always been in the same interest as all of you but it wasn't until I read this series that I started asking myself "what if" more. I really look forward to reading more and making friends with y'all and get better ideas for me and my family. Thanks again for having me.

Welcome, I just joined myself. What part of the State are you from?

Comment

Welcome from southern New Mexico. We're glad you're here. Have you started carrying a GHB (we call them Going Home Bags) in your vehicle to give you a better chance of getting back to your family ? Is your wife/family on board with the "prepping lifestyle "?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Cajun Many,La if you know where that is? Close to Toledo Bend.

Comment

Kickstand I have started carrying a GHB. My wife actually got it for me for Christmas. I commute to work 65 miles one way so after reading Going home it really made me realize It was a must. She is now starting to get on board with things. She thought I was being crazy at some of my ideas and dreams. Lol. But she is excited to get on our farm property in the middle of now where and start our little home stead now.

Comment

Comment

Flash, Of course I do. I've lived all over LA and I've been through Many a number of times while traveling to TX. I'm originally from Houma but spent a number of years up in Ruston for college, work, etc.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video! I know exactly where Houma is. I've went to schools there and caught out offshore from there too a few times. I worked offshore for Transocean for 12 years. I now work for an oil and gas company in north Louisiana on pipelines now. Bare with me I'm still learning this site and using my cell phone to get on but hope to talk more with you.

Comment

Hey flash, glad to have you. Feel free to jump in
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

So Flash , seeing this election looming before us, does your wife still think that you nuts for prepping ?
                    I'm very fortunate, not only is my wife fully on board, she's akso a damn fine shot and a ham radio operator. She's cute too.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

It isn't looking good is it. I hope we are wrong. No she is fully on board now. We do what we can when we can. Which isn't as much as we would like. Like a lot of people we struggle. We are a family of 6 and have had several surgeries with the kids come up over the past two years (nothing major). We are very blessed and try to stay positive. As far as HAM. Hopefully one day.

Comment

Welcome to the nut house!
                        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Working...
                        X