Hello from SE Alabama...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from SE Alabama...

I'm glad I found this place. I'm a huge fan of the Going Home series (when's the movie coming out?) and I've read several other books/series' about EMP/Economic collapse scenarios, etc. Needless to say, I'm hooked. I started prepping about 2 years ago and while I've made great progress, I've got a long way to go. Money seems to always be the issue holding me back. This prepping thing sure can get expensive. I'm open to advice and my main reason for joining was to not only discuss the books but to chat with "like minded" individuals. If any of you have questions for me, feel free to ask. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Welcome to our "safe space" from south central New Mexico. We're glad to have ya.
    Yes, it is rather expensive , but if we end up needing our preps, it will have been the best money that any of us ever spent.
    Look around join in any of the conversations , or start a new one.
    Which "other" books have you read? I'm always looking for a new one to add to my list.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Hey Cajun, glad to have you here my friend. Feel free to jump in. There's plenty to talk about. Prepping can be expensive, no doubt. But there are things you can do that don't cost so much.
      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Hello, how much of the state are you related to? I used to joke that my parents must have been the last two unrelated persons there. That doesn't include additions from elsewhere, but I figure they'll marry into the gene pool sooner or later (them, their kids, etc.)
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I've read both "One Second After" and "One Year After." Depressing as hell but good books. I've read the entire James Wesley Rawles series that starts with "Patriots." I also own and have used as references the two books by Rawles "Surviving TEOTWAWKI" and "Survival Tools." The 4 book series called "Last Stand" was pretty good and they are quick reads. I just finished up "Hope" by A. American and Hopf last week. I'm on book two of "The Defiant" series and I'm enjoying them so far. The "Going Home" series has been the best overall and I'm hoping it continues, at least for a couple more books.

Comment

Welcome from MO! I try to do a little prepping every couple of weeks to spread the cost out
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Working...
            X