No announcement yet.

Need some thoughts on the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's still attractive after considering the house a total rebuild job, then it's fine. As for the water, it doesn't take much to test the springs. There is very little modern filtration techniques can't handle. You would have to plan on having that regardless imo if you wish the place prepared for any significant SHTF scenario.

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
    We are still looking. We came across a farmhouse built in 1870. It has had several hack jobs done to it, but a nice stocked pond, a multitude of spings, large garden area and out buildings make it very attractive.

My concern is water. It is supplied by a spring. I wonder if we will need to drill a conventional well to have good and reliable water. Contamination is a concern.

It is tough to find affordable farmstead that work for what we would like.
    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I guess it does not matter Someone offered over market for it. Nuts

Comment

Wow. Sucks Red. But just means it was not the one for you. Keep looking, the right one will turn up.

Comment

It wasn't meant to be, you'll find the one thats right, Good luck!
          People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
          ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Thanks guys. No huge deal. Just the way the cookie crumbles. I would really like to be settled somewhere before fall. Somewhere a little further off the beaten path.

Comment

Working...
            X