No announcement yet.

Hello from Alabama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to suggest corn as it is really low, but then got to wondering, if it is that low, how do they make corn gluten meal?

Not a grain, but what about peas? Spit pea soup is pretty decent.

Ashley, my wife is allergic to soy. I feel your pain. It can be difficult.

Don't forget to provide for the dog. A Dane at that age, consider stashing a few antiiflamatories that he is ok using.

Comment

Welcome to the board, Ashley. We have a really great group of folks who all try to help one another.

If you want to, head over here, http://angeryamerican.net/forumdisplay.php/115-recipes , and start a thread on the gluten-free stuff. I'm sure you are not the only person this would be important to. A person can never have too much information in their arsenal.

Take a look around and feel free to join in the different conversations. We will help you out any way we can.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from PA

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
          Ok, but I have to ask...is it Amy or Ashley? Inquiring minds want to know.
          Ha.. It's Ashley but my initials are A-M-Y...I'll answer to and I am not offended by the use of either Amy or even Ash. Thanks for asking and sorry for the confusing username. I just find that most often my initials are less commonly taken as usernames go.

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
            Ashley, my wife is allergic to soy. I feel your pain. It can be difficult.

Don't forget to provide for the dog. A Dane at that age, consider stashing a few antiiflamatories that he is ok using.
            Yes, but if thought and prepared for ahead it's do-able.. Thanks for the commiseration!
            And yes! She has already blown one ACL so I have painkillers and joint supplements in use and stored. The repair surgery was eye-opening and I know that if she was injured like that again in a more dire situation I'd have to make a hard choice. I also have a food rotation for her too. : )

Comment

Well, I have an Amy... whose initial are ASH. What are the odds? LOL.

Looks like you're going to settle in just fine. If want some more options for gluten-free FD/dehydrated & long term storage food... try Emergency Essentials, Mountain House, Rainy Day Foods (shipping can be high with them; but they usually have a good selection). Once upon a time, Bob's Red Mill used to carry GF flours and mixes, too. I know King Arthur does; but you'd need to freeze the flour for longer-term storage.

Oh, and I'm on the beach in NC. For now. Thinking about moving to high ground.

Comment

Welcome to the nut house Ashley! I have a friend who has celiac as well, and family members who is allergic to soy, wheat, gluten, and dairy. I know it's not easy to find food to stock up on. I will get a list of some of the allergy friendly foods my family is stocking.
                http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Hello,

We just went through 3 month run of no wheat-gluten, but it didn't end up making a difference on the man's blood tests, so we were able to go back to our regular products.

I keep having fun moments when reading packages.

"Making this from scratch, you wouldn't use any added flour or starch, so why does it need to be in this package?" (And then have the same internal dialogue with minor changes a moment later when I read that a basically not-sweet food is laden with high fructose corn syrup.)

"Cellulose? WTF is the RDA of sawdust anyway?"

And those soft, little, Vienna sausages: "Chicken, pork, and beef added." "Ok, I'll bite, added to what?"
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                  X