X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free today 9/11 - Droughts & Dreams

Droughts & Dreams: Stories of Self-Reliance During America's Darkest Times

Real life stories from the Great Depression

I haven't read it yet, but didn't want y'all to miss out if you want to grab it. Sure sounds like just the kind of real life stories that we need to learn from and remember.
    Last edited by Gwynmael; 09-13-2015, 02:48 PM.
    Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

My family got the double whammy the Depression and the dust Bowl in Northwest Oklahoma , heard a few stories s
    I had a taste of the dust bowl when I was a kid and this might have been 1957 ish . I was staying out at my Aunt and Uncles farm for a few days . In the evening at milking time we could see a very big angry cloud coming out of the north ,had to be 40 miles away by the time they were through in the milk house it was on us . As we ran to the house the sand was blowing horizontally to the ground and it was like walking into sand blaster and it became night early . As I settled into bed it was howling until I went to sleep and I could here tin roofing from somewhere flying through the air . I never seen it do that again and really never want to . My dad told me he use to cough up mud out of his lungs after a bad storm going thru and a lot of dust pneumonia was experienced during those times . Dad said my Grandmother would but wet sheets over the windows to help stop the dust .
    Last edited by airdrop; 09-13-2015, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Thanks G - it's in the kindle !!

Comment

still free

Comment

Just picked it up...Thanks Gwyn..yup, still free
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thanks un & kick. I updated the thread title to reflect that.
            Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Just bagged, so it's still free.

Comment

Snagged it!
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

downloaded it yesterday (free) and almost done reading it. Good stuff!
                  Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Still free on 9/13. Thanks Gwyn

Comment

Working...
                    X