Days of Future Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-I- (cont.)

“It's been a good two hours here, guys. I don't know about anybody else, but I've got to hit the head,” Sgt. Benavidez announced.

“If you're saying what I think you're saying, I must agree. I've looked high and low, and there's not a chamber pot or bucket to be had,” Doc Holliday seconded.

“Anyone know what's beyond the door?,” asked Col. Mosby.

“Hell, it might be my privy. That's the doorway I passed through when I left it this morning. Wouldn't that be a kicker.”

“Might be Danang. Now THAT would be a kicker,” said Sgt. Hathcock.

“Am I correct that no one has been outside and deliberately opened that door expecting to enter this room?, Mosby asked.

There was no response.

“Well, then I suggest we reconnoiter and see what we've got. If you gentlemen can hold your water for a few more minutes, I think we'd best plan this small expedition into the unknown. First, we are certainly dressed to attract attention, each in our own way. When I looked around, I saw several stacks of clothing. Some were clearly uniform, some all black, and some varied, but much in the fashion of Chris Whatever's attire. I suggest that we change into that civilian clothing.”

“I've got no problem with that, except I'm not going hatless. That's just disrespectful,” offered Wyatt.

“From the clothing, and the room, I'm thinking that we're close to, or at, my timezone,” said Chris. “If that's the case, that's no problem, Wyatt. Doc's, Sid's, and your hats are still not uncommon. With all respect, covers, berets, tricorns, and other headgear would attract attention. Now, going hatless is very normal, but I did notice some caps in the the room next to the clothing. Just in case you don't know the style, they are adjustable to fit your bean.”

A bit of grumbling about the hats, but clothing was examined and donned, including boots and sneakers, a novelty for some. Even Doc changed his hat, having found one that had “Colt” printed on the front. Roy's had the American flag, Carlos had “'I'd Rather Be Hunting,” Mosby was pleased to find a Confederate battle flag on the front of his, Fertig scooped up the boonie hat, and the Swamp Fox had one that was just marked, for some reason, “III”. Chris kept his, emblazoned “AA” (Roy wondered if he had a drinking problem, but kept that to himself). They all fit like they were custom made.

“What about sidearms? We don't know what we may find.”

Chris replied that, if this was his time, open carry was fairly rare, and would probably attract unwanted attention. Some of the men had pocket pistols, some had concealable knives. Chris suggested that for the rest, since there was some urgency to get going, .38 snubbies, carried either in the pocket or in IWB holsters, would be appropriate, especially since, except for Colonel Marion, they were all familiar with revolvers. The room was, unsurprisingly, stocked with an arsenal that filled a closet, with all sorts of goodies. After a quick review, provided by Sgt. Hathcock, each man was comfortable with the snubby, while Benavidez explained the revolver to Marion, and let him dry fire a few times.

Each of the military men were familiar with reconnaissance, in their own way, and the non-military men deferred to their expertise. It was agreed that, if they were stopped without hostility, Chris would do the talking. And Chris was chosen to open the door, and stick his head out to see what lay beyond. Hathcock laughed and told him how lucky he was to be point man. Chris had his doubts.
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Classic Twilght Zone.....
      Keep it up

Comment

Chris kept his, emblazoned “AA” (Roy wondered if he had a drinking problem, but kept that to himself).
        Maybe not a drinking problem, but most assuredly an eating problem.

MOAR BUK!
        You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
        Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

This is getting good.

Comment

WTH? Get us all enjoying a nice tale (not tail) and then quit on us? Git ta writin'.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Not quitting by a long shot. Life keeps getting in the way.
              "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

It does have a tendency to do that. The story looks good, we'll be here when you get back to it.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

You don't get off that easy MOAR please !

Comment

Ahhh screw it! MOAR BUK!
                    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Well, well, well ABT, I never knew you had so much writing talent. I hope you continue to entertain us with your story. Thanks for your time. I will have to add....MOAR BOOK!!! Please!!!
                      I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

You got me hooked ABT. Now how about some more please?
                        http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Working...
                        X