Aim small hit small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aim small hit small

Bill was very good at observing things and always caught the little things . He did good in Boy Scouts read everything he could on survival , saved his money an bought extra books so he could get his badges . He got his marksmanship medal and that thrilled him so his next buy was a one pump pellet rifle . As summer went on he did some odd jobs an bought almost 2000 pellets to keep his shooting eye up to par . He loved going out into the woods behind the five house subdivision to practice camping and always took his gun just in case .
    He was out back for the day in his little camp site fixing up a tarp shelter when he heard some gun shots from the houses . He wonder what's going on ,then more shots and a few screams . He grabbed his air rifle and started back but stopped , better take it nice and easy . As he came to the edge of the woods he saw 2 of his neighbors on there knees with a guy pointing an AK47 at them screaming something in a different language then just shoots them . Bill couldn't move for a minute then slowly moved back into the woods set down and frowned .
    As he thought about what he saw he came to the conclusion that some terrorists must be attacking his block for some reason . He went back to his camp thinking of his mom and getting madder while he packed up his stuff . He heard police cars coming but then an explosion and lots of gun fire . Bill was sure they were ambushed because it got quiet after a few minutes .
    As he finished up he walk deeper into the woods to hide his stuff and with a set in his jaw headed back to the edge of the woods again . He set behind some low branches watching and waiting . They were busy and not paying to much attention so he moved again for a different angle. He watched them until almost dark then all but one went into a house . The guard started walking around and as he came closer Bill slowly lifted is air rifle and placed the sight on the mans eyeball and pulled the trigger . When the pellet hit the guy folded as the pellet whorled around in his brain . Bill watched the house and nothing happened . He got up quickly and went to get the AK and all his ammo then headed back into the woods . He stored the AK with his stuff and went back to the house again . Bill was just about to nod off when the back door opened and another guy stepped out . The first guy was laying in a shadow and hard to see from the porch . No. 2 turned in the porch light just right and again a pellet hit an eyeball dropping no.2 just as fast . Quickly Bill ran and retrieved the weapons an headed for the woods . As he got to the hiding place he was tired and wanted to sleep but thought one last thing . He made a false trail into the woods and then headed for the house across the street form his as it was vacant .
    Last edited by airdrop; 05-10-2016, 10:31 AM.

He woke up around 4:30 to gun fire and thought they found the 2 bodies . He got up an seen lights moving into the woods , good he thought . He layed back down an drifted off to sleep thinking of his mom . He got up just before daylight and went out the back door then moved out away from the houses . He watched and saw the men coming back out of the woods , tired looking . Bill took out a power bar and slowly eating it when he noticed one man walking around the house he had been in . He was out of sight of the others and moving closer to his position . Bill took aim again thinking of his favorite movie ( aim small hit small) and pulled the trigger . As he watched the terrorist drop he got up and moved quickly. He was half way around to the other side of the subdivision when he heard a mad scream and a gun shot , he smiled I guess they didn't like that one . There were 9 left an he thought he'd have to be very careful from now on .

Comment

As Bill set in his hidden spot in the woods he wondered why here , could it be the work the people on his block did out at the plant . His mom never talked about it so he was just guessing . He worried that if the plant was taken what would happen . It was good timing as this was the weekend and the plant would be closed , he wondered if he could get to a phone in one of the houses . He thought I bet they cut off the phone lines and it was miles to the small town east of them . They'll be looking for me for sure but do they even know who I am . So he sat there planning most of the morning just waiting for things to cool down , patience was his friend he thought . His mom Betty Buckly was always saying things like that he chuckled .
      He had a container of about 200 pellets more than enough to go around , his mom had helped him with his marksmanship she had been in the army and knew a lot of stuff . Later in the afternoon he was just about to leave his cover but stopped to look real close at the woods . Just when he was about ready he caught a movement and he watched closer . There it was through the leaves a slight movement again ,then he seen a ear in an opening then a head appeared moving slowly . He looked around behind the figure and couldn't see anyone else . He slowly lifted his rifle and placed the sight on the ear and pulled the trigger . The terrorist jumped and wobbled for a second then slowly dropped to the ground , it worked Bill said to himself . He waited for 10 minutes watching and listening for anyone else but he must of came out by himself .
      He slowly moved all his stuff to his second hiding place then took the guys equipment and hide that to .
      Last edited by airdrop; 05-10-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Bill slept the rest of the day with the idea of watching the houses in the evening . As he worked his way down the deer trail to the houses always watching, something looked strange, as he stopped he noticed something low to the ground . He got down and crawled up to it and seen it was a fine wire . He looked left and right and there it was a little box . He had seen pictures of these before , a trip mine . He moved the brush and seen how it worked then taking the little clip hanging on it he made it safe , man that was close he thought . He put it in his small bag and stepped off the trail , better not use this anymore Bill muttered .
        He shadowed the trail an just before it opened up he took the mine an reset it across the trail again , there he smiled maybe I can catch a rat .
        Last edited by airdrop; 04-03-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

The terrorists were mad and scared of this ghost that keep taking men . The leader maintained control but barely as their numbers dropped . Just then the mine went off but it was way to close , then it hit them all, it was reset on the trail and got their explosives expert .
          Bill jumped a little when the mine went off , 7 left .
          Last edited by airdrop; 04-04-2015, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Moar buk!
            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Bill set in the tree line under some leaves and listened to the terrorists argue at each other in the Adams house . He couldn't understand what they were saying but he had to chuckle that it was over him . Then 2 guys came out and stood guard this time and Bill thought their being smarter . He noticed one of them getting nervous an said something the other guys pointed over there and Bill smiled maybe and got ready . As the guy stepped off the porch and over to the shed to relieve himself Bill but a pellet in the eye of the one on the porch . He reloaded so fast he didn't even know how he could be ready again but he was . The guy by the shed started to turn around and head back to the porch again but before he even tooking a step Bills pellet pierced his ear canal right into his brain as he looked at the other guy laying there the lights when out . Bill said 5 to himself as he grabbed his stuff an started to move out , then out of the corner of his eye he saw his mother in her bedroom window looking out at what just happened . Oh thank god he thought she had made it to there hiding place before they found her . He wanted jump up and down but moved back into the dark woods to head back to his hiding spot . These guys were either going to leave or start looking real hard for their ghost . Maybe time to check out one of those AK's .

Comment

Bill set in his hiding spot and thought while he looked the AK's over , not in to bad of shape and full auto to . His mom had taken him out to a local gun club and got a few guys to show Bill some neat guns . He got to shoot a few of them and even take a few apart and clean them . She had told him that it never hurt to be well educated lol .
                Back at the house the commander just about had to kill one of his fighters but they got it together and listened . He was going to power thru the woods and flush this infidel out and kill him for Allah . They would start at first light moving in a line with in sight of each other .
                As bill set thinking on what to do , he had a plan come to him so he set back and shut his eyes after sets the alarm on his watch . At 0300 hrs he woke up and got everything ready to go . He needed to be behind his house before sunrise , then look at what was going on . It took him awhile to get there with all the gear but made it on time , he moved in slowly and watched for 30 minutes . All was quiet except for the guy on the neighbors porch , he was hidden behind some furniture . Bill but his house between him and the terrorist and moved to the back door then stepped inside . The safe spot was in his mom's room in the closet so he headed for it . He entered her room and quietly walked to the closet and tapped their code on the door . The hidden door clicked an she stepped out grabbed him in a big hug and took a deep breath .
                What you been up to big Man she said , he straightened up and said been taken care of business Mom . She chuckled softly and said you the one doing the cleanup out there . Their bad guys and killed everyone they could find mom just had to do something . Oh I brought some thing's for you , he stepped out into the hallway and got the rifle's .

Comment

As Betty checked the rifle's she told him what she had heard over the radio in the safe room . There were several groups hitting the country but not making as much headway with people grabbing their guns a engaging them along with the police . She told him they can't be allowed to reach the plant and how proud she was that he had broke their time table . She told him the plant was working on new explosives for the Government and had to be protected .
                  Bill looked out at day break and saw the terrorists sneaking into the woods , then told his mom . Looks like they don't like you son ,she smiled and ruffed his hair . Ok we need to set up a meet and greet for these guys when they get back . They'll be a bit tired and distracted by the time their done so might be the best time to spring our trap .

Comment

As they set there his mom said Bill I never told you much about your dad or how he was killed because his job was very secret but I think you need to know . A friend of his came to see me awhile after his death and told me what happened on his last mission . He was in special forces an he's group had a mission in the middle east to catch a very bad guy . They were very close but someone sounded the alarm and they had to fight their way out , your dad was killed saving some of the wounded .
                    Bill you remind me so much of your Dad , Bill looked at his mom an said "thanks mom" . They talked over things for awhile then set about working on the trap .Bill wondered if he should go check the house they were using but she said no they probably booby trapped it seeing that they didn't leave anyone to watch . She pointed out where they would set up a cross fire in the houses across from the terrorists, so as they entered it they would have the best shot at stopping them .
                    Last edited by airdrop; 04-08-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

They split up and went to the houses to set up then waited , Bill had gotten his FM walkie talkies so they could key for the attack . As the light faded the first terrorist came out of the trees , slowly looking around then moved on to let another come out . In 10 minutes they were at the door waiting for one of them to deactivate the booby trap . Just then Betty keyed the mike and let loose a stream of AK rounds then Bill cut loose as well . Just a micro second later the guy on the booby trap tripped it and set it off blowing the others back but by then four of them were dead . The last one was on his knees trying to lift his AK but couldn't because his arm was limp and his hand on the other arm was shot up . He just set there looking at the others while Betty and Bill walked out covering him . He screamed who has been killing my men and Bill smiled , why that would be me . The leader looked at him stunned , I am Omar Makmood and the faithful will kill you all. Betty gasped your the one my husband tried to capture 3 years ago , just then Bills gun went off and He said quietly , Mission Accomplished Dad .
                      Betty walk over and put her arm around Bill and pulled him away , Bill we need to drive out of here and head for town , Bill dropped his gun walked back to their house and the car.
                      Years later as Major Bill Buckly was retiring from the Army Special Forces he thought back to that day and said to himself , Mission Done Dad mission done .

Comment

Moar buk!!!!
                        "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

ABT - I think it's more correctly

Buk 2! Buk 2!!

Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Thank you for the story Airdrop

DD
                            OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Moar!
                              You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                              Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Working...
                              X