EDC knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
    Haven't tried yet, I've read that it can be hard to sharpen but holds an edge a long time once sharp
    I have gone to garage sales , estate sales and the goodwill stores this year to find leather belts to make strops out of , then ordered
    this Green polishing compound from Graingers supply and you run it into the leather on the ruff side of the belt , this will help to maintain the edge between sharpening .

Comment

A good friend just gave me one of these for Christmas -

I have always wanted a Benchmade and this thing is pretty slick.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

[In my best Obi-Wan voice] That is not the knife you want. BYou should set it free in Southern New Mexico.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

That is a nice knife Tex. If you ever get tired of it or it gets dull ....you know what kick said only substitute sc for nm.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
            [In my best Obi-Wan voice] That is not the knife you want. You should set it free in Southern New Mexico.
            Originally posted by Boston_Joe View Post
            That is a nice knife Tex. If you ever get tired of it or it gets dull ....you know what kick said only substitute sc for nm.
            All Y'all.
            The friend who gave it to me is also my gunsmith. I have cool friends.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

You sure do. The last thing a gunsmith gave me was an invoice.

Comment

Is Buck a reputable brand anymore? I use my Buck right now for EDC but I'm considering something else. What is the most reliable IYHO and worth the $? I'm thinking $75 and below. What are the thoughts on a KBar?
                Last edited by BigCountry; 01-02-2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: Revisional

Comment

I have a SOG Trident AO that was around $50 it holds a decent edge and it takes a decent edge from my Lasky pocket tool. I've had better knives and a heck of a lot worse knives but for all around day to day reliability I like it.

ETA I use my knife A LOT and I ain't easy on it.
                  [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

I EDC a Kabar BK14.
                    I used to carry pocket knives, but I had a habit of losing them when they would somehow come unclipped from my pocket. Really made me mad when the in-laws bought me a Buck pocket knife for $30 and I lost it in a week.
                    So I just switched to carrying a fixed blade because I'm way less likely to lose it, at least so far. I added the Kabar scales you can get for it, they work for me.
                    IMG_0213[2].jpg
                    I modded the sheath it comes with to attach a Tek-Lok. Rides on my belt and doesn't really get in the way most of the time.
                    I used to carry a CRKT Minimalist Bowie https://www.amazon.com/CRKT-Minimali...rkt+minimalist
                    It's a really nice and handy knife, I just wanted something a bit bigger. But as far I can understand their laws, I can actually carry the CRKT Minimalist on me when I visit family in IL, important to me since I can't legally carry in IL.
                    lofflorida.com

Comment

I have a Benchmade Triage folder that I wear when it's allowed. The office has a policy against wearing them visible. So it isn't always on my belt.
                      Triage

The knife I always have on me is a Gerber EAB.
                      EAB

There is a Kabar BK2 nearby if needed.
                      Kabar

Comment

A k bar mule has a great rep as a strong folder. Bucks are hit and miss. What are you looking for? Fixed, folder, size
                        Last edited by redman2006; 01-03-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Did someone say Akbar?
                          Star-Wars-8-Admiral-Ackbar.jpg
                          So he retired and got into the knife business. Good for him.

Yeah I know the spelling is different. Just havin some fun.

Comment

Stupid phone creates all sorts of issues. Sometimes it looks like a 2 year old sent the text.

Comment

Redman, you've got to learn to get your jopa on. Personally, I would have given Joe the .

Joe, nothing personal .
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

No need to qualify kickstand. If I can't handle getting the bird via emoji then it's time to pack it in.

It's all in good fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X