No announcement yet.

water buckets and filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PF, I used heat for one of the buckets that didn't work out, and ended up with a crack in it. I think the heat made the edges of the hole brittle. Fortunately, those two buckets aren't completely wasted, since the grandkids love having buckets to pile their toys in.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thanks for showing the pics of the buckets set up. I think I need to keep this idea in my prep folder, in case I ever have more than a couple of people to hydrate. Good job!
      Dode

Comment

I was just thinking about filtered water and something came to mind. I never add freshly filtered water to old filtered water. Bacteria has a way of finding it's way into the fresh water and the bacteria can snowball over time. I start with a new batch everyday. Young children can be extra susceptible to intestinal bacterial growth, caused by what's in the water. They might not be able to handle it. I give the old stuff to the pets; they have intestinal flora that can handle bacteria that we can't.

Also, I make sure the filtering system gets a good cleaning every week. Since you have a spigot, I would remove it, soak it in a water/bleach solution weekly. Keep the filtered water away from the sink area, as stuff can splash up into and on the spigot; which could be a cause for diarrhea in children .... and adults. Just thought I'd mention this.
        Dode

Comment

We only had the spigot over the sink for a couple of days, the boys are used to it now. We use as much as we want, then use what's left at the end of the day to make the next day's iced tea or lemonade to put in the fridge, refill the pets' water, top up the aquarium, whatever.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I have a couple of those set ups stashed away.
            Southern migrater

Comment

Working...
            X