Hello from the heartland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the heartland

Hello to all. As an avid reader of A. American's work and a longtime lurker here, I figured it was high time to throw all in and introduce myself. My name is Cdog911 and I'm a prepper. (Hello Cdog) Actually, I'm a lot of things. My handle comes from two big parts of my life, the first being a colloquial reference to coyotes, because I am a nationally known coyote caller and writer on calling predators and trapping. The 911 comes from my past history as a medic , firefighter and for a short stint, an LEO.

Want to commend folks on their input to this site. I read as much of this material as time allows from guys like the gentleman that hosts this site, Wesley, Rawles, and anyone else I can get into my kindle or smartphone. I've been assembling a library for the past year of books that will help me when the SHTF (not if), and have expanded my skill set as far as previous skills, like handloading, trapping, snaring, and the like. Got a great deal on a Marine Corp issue ruck sack two weeks ago and am assembling my BOB. Morgan used some good stuff, and so will I. Even showed the wife how to build a soda can stove. Hint: Arizona Iced Tea cans are slightly bigger and seem to work better, but I'm rambling...

Looking forward to sharing ideas and learning from you folks. Survival is a matter of mental preparation and thinking you have a chance through preparation is more than half the battle. Just last week, I was at work when I cut my arm. Blood was running from the wound when a passerby pointed it out to me.I assessed the damage, bent down and plucked a couple leaves from a broadleaf plantain plant at my feet. Creasing the leaves to free some sap, I rubbed it over the injury and pressed it down hard for only a few moments before lifting it up and revealing that the blood flow had stopped. She was amazed. It's all a matter of knowing what is around you and at your feet.
    Last edited by Cdog911; 07-12-2014, 07:36 PM.

Welcome Dog.

Comment

Welcome Cdog911. Glad you spoke up. Sounds like you already fit right in!
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome..
        Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Hey Cdog, welcome to the board. Very interesting information about your name. Do you know of a fellow coyote hunter named Calvin Taylor? He hails from the NE corner of Wyoming and is pretty big into coyote calling and hunting. He's worked with some of the bigger companies in developing new equipment and such.

I'm glad to see that you decided to jump in and join us. We have a wide range of experience and knowledge represented here on the board and we all try to help each other learn the different aspects where we may be lacking a little. Your knowledge and experience will be greatly appreciated here and I look forward to talking about game calling with you. Out here where I live, calling coyotes and predators is a pretty big deal as well as hunting and trapping.

Kick back and take a cruise around the board and let us know what you think. Go ahead and start some conversations if you want, or jump right into a current discussion.

We are glad to have you.

Tex
          = 2
          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome aboard Cdog, you sound like you'll fit right in. Feel free to jump in anywhere, we always like to hear different viewpoints.
            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome from another piece of the heartland Cdog. Thanks for taking the leap from lurking.
              Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Welcome from New Mexico. As the others have said, jump in with both feet. We usually don't have too many 'gators here.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome cdog911. We'd be happy to set you up a section in the Author area if you'd like, or anywhere else it suits you. You do have some great articles around.

Comment

[QUOTE=angeryamerican;34621]Welcome aboard Cdog, you sound like you'll fit right in. Feel free to jump in anywhere, we always like to hear different viewpoints as long as they fit with mine.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for ya AA.

Welcome cdog we are glad to have you aboard. To really get your hands dirty, join us in chat one night. We apologize ahead of time for whatever we say in there
                    NICHEVO

Comment

Hiya. It's a fun place, bring your own straight-jacket.
                      Last edited by W.Lynn; 07-06-2014, 04:54 PM. Reason: Ain't life grand
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thanks to all for the welcome. And yes, Tex, I've known Cal for quite a few years. One of the good guys, and very, very good at what he does. Thanks, unseenone. Sounds like you've read my material before.

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. Hope to hear from you more often. No more lurking for you!!!
                          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

welcome

RD
                            Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Yo 'dog. Even if you're used to being just all out there, you may want to edit your post and remove your proper name. There are too many spiteful idiots out there who would be happy to drag you through hell, make shit up about you, drive by and throw things at your residence, etc, if they happen to search and find your name on an anti-koolaid, generally conservative, highly against big guv't, mostly Christian, pro 2A site like this one.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                              X