Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brown thumb be damned

Comment

Here are the small raised beds....growing cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and strawberries. In the background you can see a large tree. To the left of it is a smaller tree and it is completely covered in muscadine grape vines!

Garden.jpg
      NICHEVO

Comment

Looks like we are ahead of schedule. Chickens will be 4 months old next week and we have our first egg today!!!! Yes, it is small, but it is an egg! Maybe we should gold plate it.

First Egg.jpg
        NICHEVO

Comment

Nich,

I'm sure you've discussed it and I just missed it - what's the reason for the "covering" on three out of the four beds?
          Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

The coverings keep birds, dogs, cats and now chickens out. They are easy to take off and put back on. I plan on making them for all of my gardens. They also deter all but the most determined grasshoppers.
            NICHEVO

Comment

Can also cover with plastic for the fall/winter to extend the growing season.
              NICHEVO

Comment

I think you are doing a great job nich. I like the little egg, it is cute.
                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Originally posted by nichevo View Post
                  The coverings keep birds, dogs, cats and now chickens out. They are easy to take off and put back on. I plan on making them for all of my gardens. They also deter all but the most determined grasshoppers.
                  Oooooh! Please do a posting on their construction!
                  Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Landscaping staples to hold that pvc down when the wind blows? Or do you haul a few cinderblocks out to it?
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Nichevo, it looks like you and PF are doing a great job on your homestead.

Tex
                      = 2
                      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Back when I lived in South Texas we did a job for a guy who made wine from those wild grapes ! Called it mustang wine and it was mighty tasty! Got a nice looking place there Nich!
                        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

As I recall, the Doobie Brothers said " it was a sleepy little town down around San Anton"......Wo..Oh China Grove
                          People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                          ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                            Landscaping staples to hold that pvc down when the wind blows? Or do you haul a few cinderblocks out to it?
                            Wendy,

So far they haven't budged in the wind....they aren't held down with anything.
                            NICHEVO

Comment

Nich- how many feet of pvc did you end up having to get?

RD
                              Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

First time on the tractor mowing the pasture....no one was run over, no one died and I didn't damage the fence much.

Mowing the Pasture.jpg
                                NICHEVO

Comment

Working...
                                X