Death Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too funny!
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Chicken Glam.....Well since only the girls seem to have survived, it is only fair to glam them up!

NICHEVO

Comment

Jasper, the Rhodesian Ridgeback hit dog and I trained him well. The chicks are not safe......!!

Comment

hmm, Jasper offed Tex...not sure whether to scold him or give him a treat.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
            hmm, Jasper offed Tex...not sure whether to scold him or give him a treat.
            And the postman offed AD!
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
              And the postman offed AD!
              Bastard! I knew I was being watched

Comment

No small wonder AD strutting around in short sleeve shirt on the spider .
                You are making yourself a target .
                DD
                OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

The chickens are now five weeks old so it was time for them to move into their new home. Yes it is very redneck but they are redneck chickens. The chickens love their new digs and so do the dogs! Good thing the pasture is cross fenced and I don't have to worry about the dogs having a chicken snack.

unnamed[3].jpg

Inside Chicken Coop 2.jpg
                  NICHEVO

Comment

Nich, looks like you're doing a great job

Comment

My chickens would freak out over all that green grass!!! Looks like a chicken paradise!

Comment

Nichevo, that looks a helluva lot nicer than our chicken coop. We have 3 different kinds of fence around our chickens and the actual coop has needed paint for 10 years. LOL. As long as the chickens are doing there job, don't worry about the looks of it. We are getting ready to put in two big buildings for our birds here though. Now you want to see redneck, we got lucky and snabbed up on some oilfield buildings that were used for coalbed methane production. They still have alot of pipe and equipment in them that I have to cut up and pull out, but after they are set up we will have alot better set up for all of our birds. They sure as heck won't be pretty though. I like that you put some protection over the top. That is something we are going to do this time around too.

Good job, Nichevo. You guys set up a really nice coop.

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Chickens are 2 months old now and free ranging. We thought Jasper the Rhodesian Ridgeback was going to be chicken murderer, but a little behavior modification with a Super Soaker, and he is out free ranging with the chickens. The other 3 dogs are not even interested in them.

Jasper Loves His Chickens.jpg
                          NICHEVO

Comment

I saw a friend's new getup for their chickens recently, I want to take pictures, it's so redneck! It does involve part of an old post & sheetmetal building, and a desk. I'll ask nicely if she minds if I show it off.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I'd love to see it. We may have to build a second coop as the chickens are getting too big for this one. It was built with 12 chickens in mind, not 30!!!!
                              NICHEVO

Comment

Guess I can grow something after all! Harvested garlic today

Garlic Galore.jpg
                                NICHEVO

Comment

Working...
                                X