No announcement yet.

EDC knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's the retired Marine in me but I'm just sayin.. KA-BAR.
    Got a couple of 'em. I can cut my steak with them, dress a deer, and pry up a manhole cover with it; hopefully not all in the same few minutes or S has really HTF!

Having said that, Kershaw actually DOES make some really decent blades. My wife is a veterinarian for large animals... you can only imagine what her pocket knife gets put through in a day's time. She's been carrying the same one for ten years and loves it. Carries the danged thing everywhere. And yeah, you can get 'em for $20. Are they a Benchmade? No... only a Benchmade is a Benchmade, but there are some good ones out there that will suit you until one day you can afford a Benchmade or similar. I carry two SOG Aegis knives and love them both.. they're between $60-$100 depending on what you get.

Comment

And thank GOD, my posting level finally removed "Fresh Meat" from my member level indicator! *whew*

Comment

Originally posted by Viper28001 View Post
        And thank GOD, my posting level finally removed "Fresh Meat" from my member level indicator! *whew*
        You gotta admit, it's funny.

I started getting my cargo pants with the group of smaller pockets on one side. One feature on the larger pocket (other side,) is a narrow pocket over the full size pocket. The narrow one is great for the folder Vincent sent me. Between tent camping, and hotels full of strangers, I liked having that one handy. No fussing around with regular pocket full of keys & stuff to find the SAK. No nonsense, just it's there, and it comes out and opens up super easy.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Look at the Buck Vantage Pro in s30v steel at around $60 through Ebay it's a good buy . http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buck-Knives-...item1c596fdcac
          I've got one in 420HC but the s30v is on the way.

Comment

I got my Buck Vantage Pro in S30V steel an I love it lol out of the box and just a little stropping it has the sharpest edge I've got . Well worth the price. The G10 grips are great.

Comment

I was in Cabelas yesterday and looked over this knife and for a SHTF carry it might be great . It's C30V steel an very sturdy built .

Plus it's on sale now !
              Last edited by airdrop; 11-18-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

well dang Air,now you gotta go back and get it,duh
                Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

I was in the new Bass Pro today (north side of Round Rock,) and found myself admiring some of the Kershaw knives that were in stock. I think I need to go back.
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

That is a pretty nice store, we ended up leaving with 2 folding chairs, ammo cans and some other stuff. They have a fairly decent supply of ammo, and plenty of weapons in stock as well.

Comment

the one in Oklahoma city was always swamped with people when we stopped in , an stocked good which was amazing as well .

Comment

My cabela's Benchmade Minigrip in D2 steel

Comment

Originally posted by Cannonball View Post
                          My cabela's Benchmade Minigrip in D2 steel

How do you like the D2 steel , have you tried sharpen it yet

Comment

Love the Kershaw lines including zt and such, but my all time favorite is my Benchmade Rift. This has been a fabulous knife in every way. It took me a while to warm up to the axis lock, but I like it much better than frame or liner locks now.

For a reasonably priced daily use knife, that Skyline was awfully nice, but a little light for how I need to use a knife. Even so, I carried it for years before I ended up bending it a tad trying to cut in an awkward angle.

Comment

Haven't tried yet, I've read that it can be hard to sharpen but holds an edge a long time once sharp

Comment

Working...
                              X