Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a GHB for K and need suggestions from the crew.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, I looked over that Mombie pack, and it really is very well stocked, with a few exceptions.
    The MRE Calorie Bars would obviously be a no-go.
    You could pull the crank radio out, as she would have the BaoFeng. I just looked at those, but Amazon says that they are out of stock and unsure when they may return to stock.

Something that none of us mentioned is hygiene. Here's what was included in the Mombies pack...
    Mombies Toilet Kit- Go-Girl Female Urination Device (Don't take life sitting down), Roll Toilet Paper, Waste Disposal Kit, Hand Sanitizer Wipes, Vinyl non-Latex Gloves, Plastic Zipper Bag.
    I don't know how much TP is there...might add to it. She could probably delete/modify some other items.

Something else that many of us would take as "a given", and wouldn't think about, is a hat. Since she is not an outdoors person, it would be easy to overlook. Whether it's a ball cap, a Boonie hat or a floppy kind of thing, she will need something to keep the sun off of her head and out of her eyes.

Is she willing to take the P22 with her EVERY time she goes out? If not, gently work on her about that. With 9/11 coming this week, try to get her to at least keep it in the car this coming week.

A good knife would be highly recommend.

As with all GHB discussions, everyone has individual needs. That is why there is no one-size fits all GHB.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Thanks Kick

I bought the last two radios. I had them in my cart for 1.5 days when it said there were hundreds in stock.. I checked again last night and it was down to 3 ea!!! I hit the buy button asap.

I made sure I am home and not traveling this week just because of 9/11.

This is what I bought
      image.jpg

image.jpg

Comment

Hey AD - what about a collapsible game cart or jogging cart to carry the gear for her?

I see the jogging carts/behind the bicycle trailers on craigslist all the time... http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bab/4654668559.html

It would make carrying 3 or more gallons of water and the pack very doable.

I second the dehydrated meats / jerky, maybe foil pouched meats (hard to keep fresh in AZ heat?), powdered eggs, ???
        'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

I also ordered these just now cuz I forgot

Comment

I think a jogging stroller is a good plan, we have a super nice one, but I don't rely on it inmy getting home plan, because of flats. I am thinking of getting Kevlar tires. But until then I will consider it a bonus that will make my trip home easier...but not count on it, if that makes sense.

Comment

Good idea JD.

One main problem is ......she is my wife and all you married guys know how successful you are at trying to tell them what they need to do to prepare for anything. Thats why I pay for shooting and skiing instruction

I will add on of these PowerAdd battery/solar chargers in the pack. I have one I carry on business/pleasure travel and it will give me 2 iPad charges or 3 Galaxy S4 recharges. And its solar powered as well. Toss it on the dash of the car or under a light and it recharges.

I see they have a 23000 mAh version that will charge a laptop too.

Comment

Originally posted by doublel View Post
                I think a jogging stroller is a good plan, we have a super nice one, but I don't rely on it inmy getting home plan, because of flats. I am thinking of getting Kevlar tires. But until then I will consider it a bonus that will make my trip home easier...but not count on it, if that makes sense.
                That's why I mentioned the game carts - they almost always have solid tires.
                'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

Somebody mentioned bear spray. Unless you have trained for it - people are inherently hesitant to shoot another person. I would put the large can of bear spray in the pack and carry a smaller hand held sprayer.
                  Do you have any apps on her cell phone that might give her notice that some thing is going down and abandon whatever plans she had and beat feet for home ?
                  Or - since you always have your ear to the rail - perhaps a pre-arranged text message like 911 or some other discreet msg to convey that warning ??
                  Or for a lot more money - two sat phones so you can call and warn her or at least find out where she is to go and get her .. Jst thinking out loud.

Comment

Next to the bag (trunk/back seat/wherever, ) should be a pair of sturdy, comfortable boots, broken in just enough not to cause problems. Ankle support can reduce a fall - maybe with a break or sprain - to a stumble and "sure glad I had my boots."
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

A pair of leather gloves & a mask or bandana in case of dust/debris

Comment

A city map, with Home and Boyfriend's House marked
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Now kick, just because your wife has one doesn't mean all us womenfolk do.
                          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Seing as how its a city and its Phoenix,I'm thinking protect first as in (gun and lots ammo)
                            Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                              Now kick, just because your wife has one doesn't mean all us womenfolk do.
                              I'm just VERY fortunate that Brenden Frasier does not live nearby!
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

A stash of cash .ATM is out of service...cash is King .
                                several Bic lighters .
                                LED flash lights are light and bright .
                                Good luck and hope you don't need it .

DD
                                OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Working...
                                X