Recommendation for Binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for Binoculars

I'm interested in buying a solid pair of binoculars but there's a ton of them on the market. I don't mind spending a little bit for a good pair but my main requirements is that they have good glass and be solid-built (i dont want to have to baby them, throw them in a case in a pack and not worry about them).

I'd like to keep them somewhat compact but still have clarity and decent magnification. I understand there could be a compromise between size and magnification, it need not be pointed out.
    Glass is important since low-light use may be frequent.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Compact is not your friend when looking at low light binoculars. You need 50 mm lenses to really grab the low light. I have some cheap 7 X 50s that I've been wagging around in the truck for 52 years, and they're still great.

Comment

bausch and lomb binoculars , Leupold , more pricey Steiner but great glass , I came by some Baush & lombs that were very good but the 10x 35's were a bit to heavy for hunting . Have some low end 8x24 tasco's that surprising enough were a good buy at the time . A friend had the bigger steiners 10x50 and dam good view but bigger than my B&L's .

Comment

Originally posted by knotReally View Post
        I'm interested in buying a solid pair of binoculars but there's a ton of them on the market. I don't mind spending a little bit for a good pair but my main requirements is that they have good glass and be solid-built (i dont want to have to baby them, throw them in a case in a pack and not worry about them).
        If you don't mind, would you give us a little more information? We might be able to help a bit more (although olfart and airdrop are pretty spot on). Are you trying to see an elf owl at 1000 yards, deer at 500 yards, squirrels at 100 yards, or identify MZB's at 40 yards? Or is it strictly a "who knows what" kind of general prep?
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

kick, general purpose is what i'm going for. Ability to magnify without having to use a riflescope.

MZB? moving zombie bodies?

Comment

im currently eyeing some vortex. I have a scope of theirs and really like it.

Comment

im currently eyeing some vortex. I have a scope of theirs and really like it.
              They have really gained a lot of respect on the market , I use the 8x24 in the woods to spot deer that other wise I might miss , they help looking deeper .

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post

although olfart and airdrop are pretty spot on).
                Spot on, maybe, but I don't believe either of us will ever be called pretty.

Comment

These probably won't do for low light but I keep these in my EDC bag, they're tough, lightweight and crystal clear.

[I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

MZB? moving zombie bodies?

Have you never read "Lights Out" by David Crawford? MZB=Mutant Zombie Bikers. No, Lights Out isn't a zombie novel, it's just a name the author gives to "the bad guys".
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                      These probably won't do for low light but I keep these in my EDC bag, they're tough, lightweight and crystal clear.
                      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000A0AE0..._7DGBi9cKDthCz
                      Link didnt work.

EDIT: just had to post to get murphy in check.

Comment

knotReally you might try it again, link worked for me. Is for Bushnell binos with multiple options.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                          knotReally you might try it again, link worked for me. Is for Bushnell binos with multiple options.
                          the link didnt work on the first click so i posted. Of course, after posting, the link worked flawlessly.
                          Thanks, btw.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're not what you're after but they are a super handy piece of kit. They will actually fit in a shirt pocket.
                            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

nikon ,vortexx and bushnell have decent options in a decent price range

have you studied up on what the exit pupil needs to be and how much light we can use as our eyes age? If not, start there. There is no point in having an exit pupil larger than what your eye can dilate

If you need them, I will find the articles I used to help me find a good pair. Zoom, in my opinion, is not all it is cracked up to be. To get good zoom, you have to have a much larger lens, heavier binos, and you can't use it much in lower light.

don't forget eye relief if you wear glasses

Comment

Working...
                              X