Quality Source of MREs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Source of MREs

I've always heard surplus MREs can be found on fleabay but I've been burned by that site so many times i'm done.
    Does anyone know of any sites that sell quality MRE foods? I dont need military surplus but just similar quality. beprepared used to sell them but i didnt see any last night.

Any input? Looking to complete my GHB

is jag still around here? I bought from him, but have not seen him on the site in ages

Kick, do you know?

Comment

Angery American was selling them. Not sure if he still is due to the 'rona. I can reach out and find out though
      According to my watch the time is now
      Past is dead and gone
      Don't try to shake it just nod your head
      Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by sawyerrt10 View Post
        Angery American was selling them. Not sure if he still is due to the 'rona. I can reach out and find out though
        I'd appreciate it.
        I used the member list to find jag and PM'd him.

Comment

When I was doing gun shows I called one of the makers an was able to order direct from them , it was new which is good lol. https://www.surepak-12.com/ this is one site you can look at
          https://www.mreinfo.com/civilian-mres/ameriqual-apack/ another one .

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
            is jag still around here? I bought from him, but have not seen him on the site in ages

Kick, do you know?
            I've tried contacting him several times over the past few years, all without response. His website is, and has been down for a few years too. I hope he's ok.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

I wonder if enough of us were interested, if we could get a group buy that would be worthwhile?

Comment

Difficult part would be shipping since they might not want to ship a parts of a large order to different locations

Comment

We'll all ride over to Reds and pick them up
                  [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

I think mre's have to short of a shelf life. I'm going to freeze dried meals at the moment.

RD
                    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Just remember the expiration date is nowhere near the actual shelf life. The expiration date is so vendors can continue to milk the government tit
                      [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

There's a guy on youtube that tests MREs from around the world / with different ages an it's amazing some really older ones hold up pretty good . I think the really trick is storage .

Comment

They definitely last beyond the expiration date. During the whole covid lockdown thing, although we certainly didn't need to, we used one of the 2 cases of MREs that we stored in 2013. They had a Packed date of 2012, and Inspection Date in 2015. Some items were definitely better than others, but honestly, those nasty items may be nasty even if brand new.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

A friend has Costco an their running a speical by order of mountian house pack and it comes out to $4 / meal if your near one check it out on line .

Comment

Heck yeah. get together here. Bring your guns. There is a little space to shoot. It might do the neighbors some good to see more than just me around shooting. Make them think twice before borrowing.

We have a lot of weekenders and recent transplants here that think it is ok to trespass to pick berries, feed our horses, pet our livestock, etc. Some of these New Yorkers have probably never seen a weapon other than in a movie. A little trepidation might keep them off my doorstep later. One of them sent the sheriff out a few times when I was plinking. They just shake their heads and say they have to respond. I now follow up with an early morning session the day after a visit. A 45-70 makes one heck of a boom at first light.

Comment

Working...
                              X