Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain

We got 4 inches and the garden looks bad , not sure if the tomato's will make it , 200 plants and we can hope some will come through , fingers crossed . These kinds of rains should of been over with .

See if you can send some down this way. I'm tired of watering the garden already.

Comment

Don't think I have enough hose LOL

Comment

Airdrop, wife's 'maters look like they are dying (leaves turning yellow). We've been getting a lot of rain here in Oklahoma but we have above grade boxes that drain really well. What else could be causing this?
        Bugs aren't visible and she would know. She picks off the eggs of squash bugs from beneath the zucchini plants

Comment

We struggled with no rain until everything started coming in now it won't quit and we're having to pick blueberries and tomatoes every day or they start splitting. The good news is they grew slow enough that the flavor is good in both of them, too wet will usually make them bland.
          [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

We've gotten just over an inch of rain here in south central New Mexico in the past couple of days, and it's supposed to continue through Thursday. We'll take it! This brings us up to a whopping 2.40 inches total since I installed the weather gadget last year.

For the past couple of weeks, we've been parking the cars under the big mulberry trees to keep them out of the direct 100°+ sunlight. Is normally hard dry clay. I thought I'd better get them moved due to the rain. Was able to get the Mrs's red Veloster out, but my blue Tucson wasnt moving more than a couple of inches before the tires start spinning. Had to hook my p/u to it after the rain stoped to pull it out.

Hmm, I was going to insert a picture, but get a "forbidden " error.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kickstand; 06-30-2021, 05:22 PM. Reason: Added pic, if it will let me.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by knotReally View Post
              Airdrop, wife's 'maters look like they are dying (leaves turning yellow). We've been getting a lot of rain here in Oklahoma but we have above grade boxes that drain really well. What else could be causing this?
              Bugs aren't visible and she would know. She picks off the eggs of squash bugs from beneath the zucchini plants
              Nutrition can be a cause for yellowing leaves on tomato plants. ... If you don't fertilize enough with nitrogen, the older leaves will begin turning yellow and, in many cases, may fall off. The older leaves turn yellow because they are providing their nitrogen to the younger leaves to survive. I cheated an googled it lol

Comment

thanks AD. we'll give that N a try.

Comment

Well, it looks like south central New Mexico is finally getting a "Monsoon Season" again. By late June, 2021, my "Total Rainfall" since I installed my weather station (Aug, 2020) was sitting at ~1.4 inches. We've been getting a little rain on a pretty regular basis since the tail end of June. Nothing crazy since the downpour on June 29, just light to medium drizzles, but it all adds up.

Thursday, Aug 12, was a strange evening. It was partly cloudy throughout the day, pretty pleasant actually. No real threat of rain, but an overall nice day. At 6pm, we started watching a movie on TV. At 6:05, there was a rapid formation of rain clouds, and the sky unleashed. By the time we realized that "Hey, it's raining!", it was a deluge out, and too late to move the car from the shade of the mulberries. The ground there is mostly clay, and lower than the house for irrigation. Great when it's dry, but a slippery muddy mess when wet. That car wasn't going anywhere without assistance.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like OneLeggedPeter.

By 8pm, over two and a half inches of rain had fallen, and then started tapering off. Combined with everything else, that brought our rain total up to right at 8 inches.

I'm really surprised that we never lost power, as there was a lot of thunder and lightning close by. I had already needed to run the house off of the generator three times in the past month and a half, but since I wasn't expecting rain at all, much less a biblical event, all of the cords were put away in the barn, meaning that I would need to slog through the rain and mud to get to them. I'm REALLY glad that I didn't need them.

Friday the 13th. While the day was again clear, the clouds started forming again around 5pm, and it started to sprinkle. The water level around the car under the trees had only dropped by about an inch, so if we got another downpour, I was concerned that the water level would be at or above the bottom of the door, so it was time to get it out of there. After slogging out to the car and digging around to find the screw-in tow hook in the trunk, I hooked up the tow strap to the Chevy pickup and pulled the Hyundai out of the mud. At least that all went according to plan, with no complications. It's now mid-morning on Saturday the 14th, and it's been a steady light rain since 5pm yesterday. We're both really glad that we decided to get that car out.

Here we are, a mere 1.5 months of rain on a regular basis, and my Total is now sitting at 9.98 inches, and will be topping 10 inches within the next few minutes. I remember Monsoon seasons like this as a kid, but I don't remember one like this in at least 15 years.

I love getting the rain, however there are some local folks who are having some real problems. Flood waters came into a house and caused a wall to collapse, killing a 65 year old woman and putting her 2 year old granddaughter in Critical condition. If you're prone to pray, an extra prayer or two for that little girl would be appreciated.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by kickstand; 08-14-2021, 10:53 AM.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Attached Files
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                    X