rhubarb seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhubarb seeds

I'm letting one of my plants go to seed , I might have some to give away message me . I replanted some last year an they all took in pots then transplanted them this spring .

I sure miss strawberry rhubarb pie....
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Air buddy, I really miss picking and eating rhubarb . Just saying.
      Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

I'm guessing that it needs a fairly wet climate?
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

https://www.arborday.org/media/zones.cfm growing zones

Rhubarb grows best in zones where the ground freezes in winter. Plants require an extended chilling period with temperatures below 40 degrees to produce a crop of stems. As a result, rhubarb is commonplace in gardens throughout the coldest sections of the country, although it can be grown as far south as zone 7.

Comment

The Tropical Southeast is NOT prime rhubarb growing country lol
            [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by airdrop View Post

https://www.arborday.org/media/zones.cfm growing zones

Rhubarb grows best in zones where the ground freezes in winter. Plants require an extended chilling period with temperatures below 40 degrees to produce a crop of stems. As a result, rhubarb is commonplace in gardens throughout the coldest sections of the country, although it can be grown as far south as zone 7.
              I may plant some in a container on my patio. Above ground containers do freeze in the winter here, and we have enough 40 degree nights to make peaches, so it might work.

Comment

In the words of the great Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much!" We're in Zone 8, but just barely. I would be tempted to try if it weren't weren'y brown thumb.

zones-2015.png
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                X