If you're new here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're new here....

Welcome. I see several new members on the logs, so I'm going to assume that the migration from FB has begun.

Please, look around, feel free to post. Drop an introductory post if you want.

Kick
    Defund the Media !!

If you've been exposed to Facebook please be sure to follow all decontamination protocols before entering the forum. Stopping the spread of highly infectious censorship is important to us here.
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

This old guy still here, alive and kicking
      According to my watch the time is now
      Past is dead and gone
      Don't try to shake it just nod your head
      Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by sawyerrt10 View Post
        This old guy still here, alive and kicking
        Hey have you moved to the cold northwest yet , or did you get cold feet

Comment

Originally posted by airdrop View Post

Hey have you moved to the cold northwest yet , or did you get cold feet
          Nah, still in South Carolina, the housing market in Montana exploded, just not financially possible anymore. If I could pick up my home and land here and drop it anywhere in MT, i could sell it for over $500k, I would be luck to get $200k here.
          According to my watch the time is now
          Past is dead and gone
          Don't try to shake it just nod your head
          Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by sawyerrt10 View Post

Nah, still in South Carolina, the housing market in Montana exploded, just not financially possible anymore. If I could pick up my home and land here and drop it anywhere in MT, i could sell it for over $500k, I would be luck to get $200k here.
            You're welcome to come to Oklahoma.
            People mention tornadoes but... you should have a bunker anyway so... what the problem is?

Comment

Well, unless you sleep in your bunker, you're relying on the government to let you know a twister is about to land on your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailani Kealoha View Post
                Well, unless you sleep in your bunker, you're relying on the government to let you know a twister is about to land on your head.
                this is a broad statement. If you buy fuel you rely on the government to ensure meters are accurate.

FWIW - having spent half my child hood in a mobile home and most of my life in OK... i'm not scared of Tornadoes. (dont confuse respect for fear. I dont fear tornadoes but i do respect their power). the conditions for them can easily be detected. No weather guy needed. (and when in doubt: bunker)
                Microbursts on the other hand... those are a bit more frightening. They CAN land on your head without any notice (granted the wind is typically blowing good to begin with to give you some notice that it may occur). However, it comes back to control. Cant worry about something i cant control. All i can do is prepare for it and objectively act upon the information i have on hand.

Comment

i do not really care for the new website window dressing but it still works. Tornadoes are a fun filled activity that requires adult beverages and lawn chairs to fully appreciate the beauty of mother nature.
                  If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Ditto for hurricanes
                    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Rockntoy View Post
                      i do not really care for the new website window dressing but it still works. Tornadoes are a fun filled activity that requires adult beverages and lawn chairs to fully appreciate the beauty of mother nature.
                      the old metal ones made with hollow plastic tubes in white and [pick your favorite HOT color]

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                        Ditto for hurricanes
                        theres a good invention: lawn chair with deployable anchors. of course, it'd need at least a four-point and the cup holder would most certainly need to be rigid. none of that flimsy fabric crap.
                        the deluxe version could come with a handful of 6' zipties to keep your stuff with ya. And, sold separately, would be hardware to connect multiple together in either a straight line or, for those with one cooler, a semi-circle.

Comment

You don't need a cup holder when you have a beer hat. I could never figure out why those beer hats don't fit Jagermeister bottles...

Comment

Working...
                          X