No announcement yet.

COVID 19 and your plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they have talked our little corner of the world into panicking too, we have zero reported cases, no cases in any of the surrounding counties but the sheep have emptied the Walmart of every single roll of toilet paper.....toilet paper. Still plenty of water, food, even most OTC medicines but not a square of toilet paper, I'll never understand the sheeple mentality.
    [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

I call still remember going to the outhouse when I was under 4 and seeing the sears catalog toilet paper book lol , I'd rather do it with a roll .

Comment

Stopped at Hardee's for lunch today, they have removed all the napkin dispensers, straw dispensers, salt and pepper shakers and the self service drink station. Ironically when I picked up my order and handed him back the order number tent he stuck it right back in the pile and the cashier handed it to the next guest she rang up.....

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
          Well they have talked our little corner of the world into panicking too, we have zero reported cases, no cases in any of the surrounding counties but the sheep have emptied the Walmart of every single roll of toilet paper.....toilet paper. Still plenty of water, food, even most OTC medicines but not a square of toilet paper, I'll never understand the sheeple mentality.
          While I understand your point, don't forget that most of those folks would normally be lucky to have 6 rolls of tp at their house under "normal" circumstances. So although they may be overbuying, it's their first foray into the world of prepping. They've been told to expect to have to stay home, and they're not sure how long it will last. Oh yeah, and they're scared.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

And if there's one or more females in the household, triple the estimated TP use.

Comment

I was at walmart Friday grabbing a couple of things. No bread on the shelf at all, so the wife suggested I get some bread flour to supplement what we have. Not a bit of it either, but there was a little all purpose.

As I was looking to see if I could find a bag of bread flour, a woman, maybe 30 years old was holding a bag of flour and staring at it. She looked at me and asked, "what can you make with flour?"

What do you mean?

"The internet said I needed flour if I get stuck home for a long time. What can I make with it?"

What I wanted to say was, "lady, if you have to ask, you are screwed."

What I said, while trying not to laugh, "oh, all sorts of things. Just look on the internet for recipes. "

An older lady standing there was shaking her head. She had a buggy full of basics and looked like she cooked that way every day. Old lady may get the virus and get deathly ill, but she will have decent meals until she dies. Young lady may die of starvation with plenty to eat right around her.

Comment

More and more places I pick up at are either making drivers stay out of their building or only letting local drivers in and making the over the road drivers stay in their trucks. The problem with this idea is someone still needs to sign or give you the paperwork. This may cut down on the spread some but I don't know by how much tho.

RD
                Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

RD, are you carrying Lysol wipes or something similar to wipe down clipboards, pens, etc?
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                    RD, are you carrying Lysol wipes or something similar to wipe down clipboards, pens, etc?
                    No, honestly I am not overly concerned with all this mess, don't get me wrong. I am cautious and when I feel something isn't right or I do get around someone who is sick. I do was my hands. I'm just going to lose my mind over all this, hell the h1n1 was far more nasty than this one so far.

RD
                    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

I told my boss I had a case of Corona

Corona.jpg

He told me to stay at home...

He's a great boss!

Comment

Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
                        I told my boss I had a case of Corona

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9705[/ATTACH]

He told me to stay at home...

He's a great boss!
                        You do know that it goes with the Lime disease.
                        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                          .... I'm just going to lose my mind over all this, hell the h1n1 was far more nasty than this one so far.

RD
                          Ya, but isn't that kinda the point of the precautions, so that it doesn't get that bad? I mean, it's not a competition to try to beat the old number of deaths or infections.
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Hey y'all
                            I stopped by to see if AA had anything to say. I've heard he's posting some pretty ominous sounding stuff elsewhere, but I can't find it. My daughter picked up a conversation between him and Tex somewhere...

I'm prepped and ready to stay home for a while if needed, (if my boss decides we have to). Store here is empty here of paper products and cleaning supplies and people from miles away have come and bought up stuff from our local store. I've heard the walmarts within 100 miles are empty of dairy, meat and flour also.
                            People are crazy. No cases nearby and only 10 in the state so far.

I'm most concerned for my daughters both of whom have brand new babies. Both raised prepping, so they understand. They are in fairly secure places.

Comment

Betty, it's really great to hear from you. AA is busy on Tracebook, but not here.
                              Same issues with the stores here, or so I'm told. We haven't been to the big grocery store in a couple of weeks now.
                              El Paso, Tx (20ish miles away) has a few confirmed cases. NM now has 23 confirmed cases, and as far as I know, they are all 200+ miles north of us. Maybe the .gov should pass a law forbidding the virus from crossing state lines...
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

As of today, 3/23/2020, NM Governor Comrade Lujan has issued a "Stay At Home" order. All non-essential personnel are to remain at home. While groups of more than 5 people in a home is ok, if they go out as a group, they would be in violation. To my knowledge, no End Date of this order has been given.

I have real mixed feelings about this. I hate it for the small businesses that were struggling before this mess. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the Comrade Governor on this. I think that it needs to be done, but hate that she has the authority to do it.
                                Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                                X