No announcement yet.

Meet the Author

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not much medicating while intoxicated.

Comment

• WooHoo, They are gone
      All joking aside folks, having those three yahoos here was an absolute blast. Literally, a blast. It is almost embarrassing the amount of ammo we blasted through. I know I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of any of these guys shooting at me. AD is scary good with his Glocks. He was making shots I didn't really think were possible with a pistol. Unseenone likes to get camo'd up and disappear. He went off sniping by himself yesterday at the prariedog town and there were a few times we didn't shoot because we weren't sure where he was. AA uses the "Blind hog finds an acorn everynow and then method". He is going to fling enough lead that he will eventually get lucky. LOL. In all seriousness, he and his rifle are plumb deadly. Once we got it dialed in, that thing is sweet.

The last several days have been one helluva good time. From the fishing trip down the North Platte to the shooting matches to just touring the ranch and sitting around each evening shooting the shit, it was a very nice time. I would advise that anyone who has easily hurt feelings to stay away though. This is not the group for those who wear their feelings on their sleeves. Nothing is sacred or off limits with this bunch.

Just doing what little we did the last few days, I think everyone walked away with some tidbit of knowledge they didn't previously know. I learned some things about ham and also about shooting with optics. The Native and I did our best to explain about ranching and the oil and energy industries. We all learned that a yuppy status symbol is still a pretty damn good vehicle. LMAO, Unseenone had his Range Rover loaded up and packed like we were going on a safari across the African Savannah. It really wasn't too bad until AD insisted that we stop and get a Starbucks before we went flyfishing. That was a little embarrassing. It was a very fun few days and I can say that we spent more time than not talking about all of you and hhow we wish you all were here. Hopefully, all of you can make it out in June for the branding.

Thanks Guys for coming all this way to see me. I HAD A BLAST.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• AA, I'm almost done with meds, so I want another visit before you head east. Could show you where your books are, on the main aisle of the local B&N if you want an anonymous ego moment. Or if you're driving hwy 79 again, I can recommend the Salt Lick restaurant next to the Dell Diamond baseball field with a clear conscience. Good food, and lots of pies, for those that manage to save a little space.

I don't think I've had any of their pie yet, but they looked good.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• The good, bad & ugly are on their way home. I'm not sure which is which. I know UN is good, I know AD is bad & I will not say AA is ugly, cause he is not. I tried to entertain them with a story or two for their ride back to the airport to drop big trouble off. Here's to a safe journey home for all of them. Tex & the HN can get a little peace & quiet now. Glad everyone had fun, we knew you would.
          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

• If y'all decide to stop through CO Springs lemme know

Comment

• Look out Rock! The Insanity Tour is almost to I 35, then it's a straight shot into your area.

Comment

• If you guys need it, there might be someplace you can eat any time of day in Salina, we happened to hit there at dinner time, most of the places to eat were a few blocks east of 35, which meant taking an exit, crossing over, and going exploring. Not convenient, but they are there. I wouldn't unless you really need to, easier to put miles behind you if you keep the doors shut.

Comment

• OKC by 1 or bust bring the booze.

Comment

• I thought you guys were heading south from Denver. I didnt know you were going through Kansas to hit 35.

I haven't heard from AD. Did he get home ok?

Tex
                    = 2
                    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• The original plan was reversed route. After we dropped AD off at the mystery torture airport he decided to takes the KS route because the roads were better and the side winds were only 50 to 70 mph. AD is home safe and sound.

Comment

• It's early enough, be wary of drunks as you go through towns and cities.

Comment

• I surely don't envy you guys with all the driving you have to do. AA still has a long drive back to his family. It is too bad you will be going through at the wrong time to hook up with Rock.

Drive safe, guys, and don't try to go too far. Stop and get a room for the night when you get tired.

AD, I'm glad you made it home safe.

Tex
                          = 2
                          sigpic

Comment

• Yep. I texted you but never hit send due to K calling me to pick me up.

Comment

• Understandable. Tell her that we look forward to meeting her next summer.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

Comment

• Were just outside of okc, had to stop and get a room.
                                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                                X