History Channel Series Alone Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought reality was a bear?
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Wow, now I can't get away from Alone! Was looking up something today and saw the following....

Alone_Ad.jpg
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Any of you new folks who have just arrived should check out the Going Home series, Going Home which is book 1 in the series if you have not read it. Even if you are not an avid reader, you'll find it is a cannot put down PAW fiction book...

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
          Wow, now I can't get away from Alone! Was looking up something today and saw the following....
          I heard an advertisement the other day while listening to Pandora. I just chuckled.

Comment

I finally got to see ALL of the episode. For the next one, I can probably get it while I'm twiddling my thumbs on Friday.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Is that part of the island generally unvisited by humans? If the animals are unused to humans, I would think they would tend to avoid you all, except to check you out, out of curiosity. At first, at any rate.

So, this is very much living out someone else's scenario in that there were restrictions on what you could have with you, when you're literally dropped off. Somehow I envisioned that you'd be able to load in your own packs and choices of what went in it. I understand it's possible to lose what you have with you... but at least you'd start out well prepared. Y'all hardly had anything with you.

That's kinda nutz.

Comment

It's all local tribal land, exempt from typical rules, though overseen by all the relevant authorities. Also, pretty much undeveloped. The areas use is restricted to the local tribes, and it does not appear they go there much.

If you research the Island in general there are continuous and repeated attacks on people and pets from various predators.

AA should be able to say more about all that.

Comment

Watching episode 2 now, don't spoil it. I'm seeing big boss leave the island.

Comment

Harrrumph!
                    sic semper tyrannis mortem
                    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
                    ---Proverbs 2:23

Comment

Even if you put a lot of study into wolves, the reality of them is unnerving. I don't judge someone for being concerned when 2 of them are on the ridge above camp. They aren't as "amiable" as bears, bears might wander away if they aren't pissed at you for doing something stupid.

Wolves are calculating. They study you, they send out scouts to watch you, they make an effort to understand you and your patterns in a way that is beyond most animals (and not a few humans.)

To be the object of their scrutiny, smart enough to realize it, AND live to tell about the chill up your spine, is to win in a way that few will know.

Congratulations boss, I'm glad you made it out of there in one piece.
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I'm still p d at that little bastard Sam for stirring them up. Sure, call the wolves, let them know where prey is, see what happens!!! I hope they rip him apart! He endangered the safety of everyone there by pulling that.

Comment

With the way he is going/acting, they just might!

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
                            Any of you new folks who have just arrived should check out the Going Home series, Going Home which is book 1 in the series if you have not read it. Even if you are not an avid reader, you'll find it is a cannot put down PAW fiction book...
                            I've bought all the books on kindle and started on book 1...
                            A bit of a totally different setting from my situation [located in Africa] bit very 'interesting' so far....
                            Sometimes the mind can not comprehend what the eye can not see...

Comment

Yup; IMO bears aren't that big of a problem if you follow some basic rules and they haven't had much interaction with silly humans* previously. But the wolves are wired for hunting - just like big cats. Different situation entirely.

* like the ones who want to snap a selfie picture of themselves with the bear in the picture; or the ones who want to pet or feed them.

Comment

Bears will for the most part stay away from fire. Wolves have no fear. Once they decide your prey they aren't giving up very easy. I'm not a skinny guy, I bet I look like a damn cheeseburger to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X