• Show
Clear All

Reviews, Events, Links

Found it. It's a movie though. Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cast_Away

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "AD" post=3769
      Hey XJP5, We have talked KK into studying for her HAM lic.

KK email mr(you have it) if you have questions on the material or you can call me or Wlynn or XJP5 or others for helping you out.
      Kailani, if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask any of us over at PH. We'd be happy to help you out!

Originally posted by "angeryamerican" post=3772
      Welcome to the nuthouse X. I haven't been over to the ham site in a while, soon as I finish #3 here I'm going to study for my ticket as well. Glad to have you here and really glad you like the books.
      Thanks for having me AA; glad to be here. When you're ready to work on your ticket, come back over to PH. AD runs a good ship over there and we have a great crew, all willing to help out aspiring new hams. Now, I'm checking out for a while .... Surviving Home Chapter 4 is calling my name. You guys (and ladies) all have a happy & safe 4th.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

My bet is that KK will get her ticket before that fast ass AA.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

and TEX also.
          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "Rockntoy" post=3780
            and TEX also.
            Fornicate Thou

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

K, Castaway is not what I'm talking about, the book is titled, An Island to Myself, remembered the authors name too, Tom Neale, look it up, its a cool story.

As for the rest of you, never mind.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

I know. I was just goofing around. I am going to borrow it from the library soon. . It looks intriguing. Mahalo.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "angeryamerican" post=3772
                  Welcome to the nuthouse X. I haven't been over to the ham site in a while, soon as I finish #3 here I'm going to study for my ticket as well. Glad to have you here and really glad you like the books.

As for more of this series, don't know yet. penguin has the contract on it so we'll have to see how it goes, course I could always "but it" back from them. Hopefully it will do well and we'll keep on rolling. I have some other story lines in mind as well so we'll see.
                  AA, just finished #2. It was good. Looking forward to seeing what happens in your third book. Please let me know when you release it for purchase, thanks!

XJP5

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Well it took me about 10 minutes into the second episode of Siberia to realize the "Survival Contest" was just a plot device for what turned out to be a really stupid show. It was funny when I thought at least some of the contestants thought they were in a "real" contest. The whole show is just a take off on Blair Witch Project. Instead of a witch they have some Bigfoot like creature in the woods. Still it was better than the Bear Grylls show that preceded it. Since I cut the cable I rarely watch TV, now I remember why. I thought the network shows in the 70's and 80's were bad. They need to bing the Western.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

You mean drinking muddy pee didn't make you want to watch next week! LOL! I try to avoid NBC as much as possible. They just "Lean" a little too much for my tastes .
                      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

The whole "wilderness Survival" thing is pretty much played out. Thats why I thought the Siberia might be interesting. Throw a bunch of newbies out in the woods thinking they are in a contest. Have half the contestants be ringers whoes role is just to mess the the others heads. It could of been a really funny show. I just wonder how many people watching the show think its the real deal? Its so bad its funny in its own way. Girl trips out on mushrooms, tells everyone she has a vision they are all going to die, the leaves the show. Cowboy "cuts" of his finger(but with little bleeding) The rock carvings. I'll watch again just to see if the bad "acting" is really bad or actually good acting.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Now available at Barnes & Noble stores.. Please post your reviews on Amazon, Barnes & Noble if you have not done so already. It will be great to let readers at B&N benefit from your reviews...Barnes & Noble
                          Book 1 of The Survivalist Series If society collapsed, could you survive? When Morgan Carter’s car breaks down 250 miles from his home, he figures his weekend plans are ruined. But things are about to get much, much worse: the country’s power...

Going Home Book I
                          Surviving Home Book II

Last edited by unseenone; 08-20-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Beauty & The Ruins: We're talking Home & the apocalypse with A. American.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Hehehehe, I knew it wouldn't just be three.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Yeah Lynn,
                                I think that is because of me. I told him that he better not let it end at book 3. He must be scared of girls from Kentucky too! I think together we could have him write several. You bring your "tools" and just let me know how to use them, we'll have him writin' for a long time to come. He'll be wishing FEMA would save him.
                                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Working...
                                X