X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickstand
    replied
    Originally posted by airdrop View Post
    ... If this place folds I'd feel sad and a great lose an connection to some fine people .
    Agreed, I feel the same way. I think that pretty much everyone has my number, and everyone is welcome to call or text me (texting is usually preferred, I hate talking on the phone). If there's anyone here who doesn't have my number, and is crazy enough to want it, PM me.

Leave a comment:

• kickstand
    replied
    Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
    this little group of twelve was much larger when he was a presence here. It started declining when he was no longer available to the fans that came here seeking him.
    You might be right, and I'm certainly not disagreeing. The other factor that might come into play is that quite a few of us met up in Wyoming in the summer of 2014, and things started rapidly declining almost immediately afterwards. Hell, maybe I chased em off. I've been called an ass once or twice in my life. For a while there, my other nickname was "Jopa", which one of our formerly active members gave to me, saying that was Russian for "ass", or very close to it. I hope she wasn't lying to me.

Leave a comment:

• kickstand
    replied
    Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
    So did anyone realize AA published a book in May called Ramblin Man?
    Ramblin Man was published in 2014 if I remember right. It might have just been rereleased.

Edit: not for the first time in my life, I was wrong. April 2015 was first release.

Leave a comment:

• airdrop
    replied
    These things go in cycles as most things do . Survivalist form was interesting but AA came along an ginned it up a notch . We hold outs have a home to bounce ideas back an forth , have some fun and keep the flame alive . If this place folds I'd feel sad and a great lose an connection to some fine people .

Leave a comment:

• 0utlaw
    replied
    Oh well, personally I wouldn't trade community for fame, even online community. Everyone has to decide that for theirselves, I haven't been around here that long, I stick around because the people here are interesting and involved in real prepping. Our way of life has become a hobby for a lot of people these days so be able to interact with real preppers instead of keyboard commandos is a blessing. For me AA being here or not isn't really a deal breaker either way. I will say I seen people here support him when he had become a meme after Alone and you'd think that would be people you would stick with not alienate but that was all before me so that's just an outside looking in opinion.

Leave a comment:

• redman2006
    replied
    this little group of twelve was much larger when he was a presence here. It started declining when he was no longer available to the fans that came here seeking him. That post about what was to come on the front page was basically his last significant post, and it had been preceded by a long silence before it. It was around that time that things really seemed to tail off IMHO. He moved off to greener pastures, so other drifted away.

Just my opinion, and worth exactly what you paid for it.

Leave a comment:

• 0utlaw
    replied
    So did anyone realize AA published a book in May called Ramblin Man?

Leave a comment:

• kickstand
    replied
    Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
    Wait, you have to pay money to join a group to find out about something he is selling for more money ? Sure am glad to see he keeps such a great presence here.

Dance with the one that brung ya.
    While I do *kind of* agree, I can see why he doesn't. He's now in high demand, and we have a little group of, what, 12 or so? Well, he needs to go where the bodies and wallets are. An occasional "y'all are jerks!" or something would be nice, but I'm not too worried about that. I just appreciate that TPTB keep this board up for us reprobates.

Leave a comment:

• Kailani Kealoha
    replied
    Clickety clack! I need a new mouse.

Leave a comment:

• olfart
    replied
    click!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 0utlaw
    replied
    *click*

Leave a comment:

• redman2006
    replied
    Wait, you have to pay money to join a group to find out about something he is selling for more money ? Sure am glad to see he keeps such a great presence here.

Dance with the one that brung ya.

Leave a comment:

• kickstand
    replied
    Ya, see, We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that forsakes the book of faces with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,..

In other words, you probably won't see most of us on FB. I use YT as little as I can get away, and I'm a cheap bastard, so I don't subscribe to anything.

Leave a comment:

• airdrop
    replied
    Originally posted by 0utlaw View Post
    That would explain it.

Airdrop, why didn't you tell us about this, you own stock in YouTube
    Sorry I was counting my vast wealth from youtube and I completely forgot or was it running from bill collectors , old timers thing .

Leave a comment:

• Crucial929
    replied
    Originally posted by olfart View Post
    From Amazon:

Out of Print--Limited Availability.
    yeah he pulled it recently for some kinda error that needed to be corrected

Leave a comment:

Working...
X